LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 400 Class A and B properties comprising more than 150,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
Are you ready to move out of your first post-grad job, but overwhelmed by the number of dull job postings? Are you thinking, “I trudged through college (or other formative life experience) to end up here? Sitting in this cubicle? Wishing my only creative outlet wasn’t just making eccentric pre-game playlist names, covert Venmo descriptions, or witty opening lines on Hinge? Surely there is more to life. Isn’t there? Surely?! PLEASE UNIVERSE.”
Maybe your internal narrative isn’t that extreme, but you get our point.
Storytelling is a key function of our team, and its influence impacts every part of our business. As a Communications Associate, you would be a key member of our fast-growing and always awesome Communications team, working side-by-side with some highly intelligent and creative folks who value curiosity above all else.
Quick digression to break the fourth wall – the team leader is sitting here reading that the team wrote in “highly intelligent” and is both amused and unsure...kidding.
Back to the job description! It is a real plus if you’re fluent in social media trends and have a penchant for sending hilarious GIFs in your group texts. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who embraces being a learn-it-all (not a know-it-all). You relish at the opportunity to sharpen your communications skills by working on a range of projects to build, maintain, and enhance our brand.
If you think we’re worthy of your talents and if you think we sound like a team that could help you grow, we’d love to have a conversation. Blow us away. Make us laugh. Make us cry. Make us cookies and tell us the story behind the recipe, if that’s your thing.
Read on for the standard stuff our colleagues recommend we put in a job description.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
We’re interested in someone who is always up for the unexpected––because every day at LivCor is a bit different. This role’s responsibilities will look something like this:
- Creating written work––everything from social posts to internal announcements––from scratch with senior guidance and support, while utilizing LivCor’s unique voice and tone
- Operating on short and long-term deadlines in a generally fast-paced environment
- Asking smart questions and taking calculated (strategic) risks as you explore new things.
- Providing creative, hilarious, and informative content ideas for internal communication channels such as newsletters, all-hands, and company-wide emails.
- Conducting regular analysis of our communication initiatives to determine the effectiveness and developing innovative solutions where there are gaps
- Editing content to make sure every fact is triple-check and detail is captured
- Assisting with executive communication projects such as talking points and Q&A responses.
- Identifying award and speaking opportunities and contributing to their applications as needed.
- Media monitoring and insights reporting on a variety of topics and trends, sometimes during non-traditional work hours
What you should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required (discipline agnostic if you can demonstrate a passion for storytelling and communications)
- Two to four years of experience in a fast-paced, corporate environment
- Experience in any of the following is helpful but not required: government/political campaigns, private equity, financial services, or commercial real estate
- Some experience with senior executives, including supporting senior business leaders with communications
- A passion for writing and multimedia storytelling skills
- Knowledge of social media and digital engagement. Ideally, you’re a native user who can recommend solutions for communications, reader engagement, and user experience
- Helpful if you have photography/videography/content creation experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; a plus if you have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- Ambition without ego
- It would be a real plus if you are funny
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
A few of the people you will work with:
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.