BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 300 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Innovation team represents some of the biggest businesses and brands defining the future of technology, finance, business, politics, media, entertainment, arts and culture.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the private sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists and expert communications professionals. We are especially excited about fixing real-world problems and representing businesses and brands that change the way we think, work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor to join this rapidly growing Innovation team to lead project management and client communication strategies for a range of diverse, culture-driven brands and enterprises. The Account Supervisor will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff and conceptualize brand strategies, pitches and media placements.
In this role, you will represent a number of investors, entrepreneurs and brand leaders of color, helping them scale culturally-informed businesses across industries, from fashion to beauty, sports to entertainment, media to finance. The majority of our work in this area is Black- and brown-led.
Note: This role is hybrid and requires a presence in Los Angeles, CA. Staff will be requested to visit our clients and attend in-person events and monthly in-person team meetings. Proof of vaccination is required for on-site tasks.
As the Account Supervisor you will…
- Serve as the day-to-day client contact and drive day-to-day execution with little guidance, staying on track of client deliverables and ensuring all client communication happens in a timely manner
- Help our clients position their businesses and brands in the marketplace. This includes leading our clients through comprehensive brand positioning exercises to develop persuasive, nuanced internal and external messaging that helps them break through and resonate with target business, investor and consumer audiences
- Develop our clients into thought leaders. This role includes working directly with executives and leaders of color to shape their points of view and sourcing and landing strategic opportunities that move the needle. This includes drafting and placing op-eds, interviews, profiles, speaking engagements in elite tech, business and financial media outlets, plus more. This may also include drafting key internal or owned communications, such as staff memos, investor-facing pitch decks and LinkedIn posts
- Develop and execute proactive external media and PR campaigns and strategies that help our clients achieve their business and financial goals, e.g., landing an exclusive story for a client around their funding announcement in Bloomberg, TechCrunch, Axios or the WSJ, or placing an op-ed on a relevant topic in CNN, the Harvard Business Review, WaPo or the NYT. This person will also have the opportunity to conceptualize and execute high profile, creative consumer-facing campaigns on behalf of our clients—integrating social and paid tactics, partnerships and influencers’ posts.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in-house or at a PR agency representing a for-profit, equity-driven business or brand, e.g., a Black- or brown-led company or a company with a mission to directly impact the lives of people of color
- Passion for—and dedication—to improving the economic, social and financial outcomes of communities of color
- Strong media relationships and a proven track record of securing stories in elite business, tech, finance and consumer news media outlets (e.g., Fast Company, CNN, Axios, Fortune, Wired, etc.)
- Some experience pitching trade, advertising, media, fintech, and HR media (AdWeek, AdAge, etc.) is ideal though not required
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the “news” and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients’ voices into the news cycle
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and comfortable thinking on their feet
- Impeccable writing skills for internal and external audiences (including staff, partners, investors, reporters, and consumers/the broad public). Our clients are newsmakers and tastemakers—and their decisions have a direct impact on a wide group of stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who can confidently write both a personalized email to investors and a NYT-worthy op-ed
- Organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines
Preferred skills (but not required):
- Prior financial services PR experience, including but not limited to working with or for a bank, VC, hedge fund, family office, foundation or other financial services institution
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement