Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 300 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE LIFESTYLE TEAM
Our Lifestyle team works on some of the most forward-looking projects in NYC and around the country, including Daniel Boulud’s Dinex, Wythe Hotel, Singapore Airlines, RVshare, Lark Hotels, the World Trade Center complex, the 92nd Street Y, Lincoln Center, Boston Seaport, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, Brookfield Place, and Domino Park.
Our clients trust us with critical strategic communications plans for shaping brands, opening new hotels, restaurants, attractions and driving consumers to destinations. We have delivered major wins like steering visitors back to the Meatpacking District most recently with the flower show and press trips, opening One Vanderbilt’s observation deck, bringing attention back to luxury and fashion, and showing off our client's innovation. All placed on leading lifestyle outlets.
A part of the Cities division, the Lifestyle team offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, innovative, passionate team where entrepreneurialism is encouraged. You will be among 50+ self-proclaimed news junkies, culture vultures, and lifestyle lovers obsessed with developing the future of major cities and brands.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Calling all strategists, media specialists and creative thinkers to join our growing Lifestyle team. In this unique role, you will create strategies and promote programs that drive media and consumers to attend events, exhibits and openings, while also raising the profile of hotels, attractions, museums, destinations, restaurants and brands. You will work with a team of expert colleagues that innovate in the travel, lifestyle and hospitality industries and lead the day to day account flow managing junior staff as well as manage clients relations.
Note: This is a hybrid role and requires a presence in New York, NY. Staff will be requested to visit our office or attend client events. Proof of vaccination is required for on-site tasks.
As a VICE PRESIDENT, you will be….
- Developing and presenting communications strategies/plans to high-profile clients
- Managing client communications daily: setting expectations, escalating urgent needs, building and maintaining strong relationships, etc.
- Leading account teams to make sure quality of work, goals and deadlines are met with strong ROI
- Leading media strategy and maintaining strong relationships to secure press and influencers for launch events, hotel openings, press visits, and trips; please note this is not a social media position
- Counseling junior staff on work plans and project management: ensuring that responsibilities are prioritized effectively to meet deadlines
- Driving business development and leading RFP responses
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents and strategy plans while overseeing press release, fact sheets, talking points, and media communications plans
- Matchmaking clients with brands for partnerships and promotions
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in strategic communications for lifestyle, hospitality, retail, arts and culture, travel and tourism; PR agency, journalism, in-house communications, etc.
- A passion for travel, culture, arts, hospitality, retail, real estate, and architecture
- An ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement