Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the development of annual executive positioning and thought leadership strategy for members of the global senior leadership team; support execution of quarterly executive communications positioning strategies in coordination with functional communications leads and executive communications director
- With executive communications, develop and implement the creation of both an executive and corporate awards strategy and speaker’s bureau to support and uplift corporate reputation.
- Serve as external liaison for executive engagement programs and speaking opportunities; manage relationships with external platform creators for the development of future opportunities.
- In coordination with executive communications director, functional communications leads and other cross-functional partners, review/draft and approval of supporting materials such as key message documents, Q&A and other briefing materials.
The ideal candidate is a proactive, strategic, solutions-focused leader with the following attributes:
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, business or related field.
- Communications expertise that is global in nature and spans both external (stakeholders such as consumers and influencers) and internal disciplines, either in-house or at an agency.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments. Is flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Strong executive presence and experience managing high-exposure assignments.
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills; can easily simplify messages.
- Comfortable leading on developing executive communications strategies and rolling up sleeves to execute.
- A critical thinker with a bias for action; understands how to drive to clarity amidst ambiguity and connect the dots across workstreams.
- Is open, honest and direct but tactful and respectful in communications style and approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.