APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
- Contribute to the overall strategic development of MSNBC Films, NBC News Studios and NBCU News Group communications initiatives, reporting to the Vice President of Communications for MSNBC
- Oversee MSNBC Films and NBC News Studios overall communications strategy
- Expand the brand’s presence, proactively pitch press, and secure media placements
- Proactively develop long-term publicity campaigns for all longform content
- Assist with longform diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, including NBCU Academy’s Original Voices Fellowship
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to help support division priorities including marketing, social, editorial, and digital teams
- Develop, lead, plan and execute select events for film festivals across the country
- Secure media placements, speaker opportunities, and internal employee engagement in support of MSNBC Films and NBC News Studios initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with film industry press
- Identify trends in the film industry and publicize successes of longform programming, leveraging film festival knowledge
- Provide communications updates to internal and external stakeholders, including senior-level executives across NBCU News Group
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Communications,
preferably films focused
• Minimum 5 years of experience in films or documentary
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong background in film, documentary, film festivals,
and/or TV programming
• Strong relationships with film, TV, documentary reporters
• Experience in both internal and external communications
and event management
• Proven track record in media placements and securing
speaker opportunities at film festivals, conferences and
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work
flexibly across departments as well as manage internal
and external partners in a dynamic and high-pressure
• Ability to manage large scale, cross-functional, cross-
business initiatives and work with multiple stakeholders
including marketing team, filmmakers, agencies, and
• Experience working with public and not-for-profit
• Self-starter, assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high
energy environment, with capability to work within target
• Ability to multi-task several projects with keen attention to
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills,
strong presentation skills, as well as the ability to
effectively interface with senior management
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse
populations verbally and in writing
• Crisis management experience
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g.,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights
and weekends with short notice
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.