Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high-impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning Technology and Innovation team represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology, finance, work, education, media, and urban innovation. Our clients include Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, Blink Charging, Audible, and Mozilla, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with tech. We are especially excited about tech that fixes real-world problems and is poised to change the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an experienced communications strategist to join our Technology and Innovation team as a Vice President with a focus on consumer technology clients. As a core leader of the team, you should thrive in a fast paced environment, demonstrate thoughtfulness in creating a collaborative culture, and have expertise on team capacity planning and business development.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home. Our New York office will reopen in a hybrid model mid-May.
As a Vice President on the Consumer Technology team, you will:
- Set the direction on large-scale strategic planning and execution efforts with multiple client leads across dozens of product launches, product reviews, trade shows, press conferences, feature stories, executive bylines, measurement/reporting needs and more (Primarily working collaboratively in PPT and Excel)
- Lead smart, proactive, and thoughtful high-touch daily client communications with the same client leads, juggling competing priorities (through regular calls and in-person meetings/presentations)
- Partner closely with agency leads to develop robust strategy plans, reports, updates, and other presentation materials for the broader client team
- Directly manage a team of 2-4 junior staff (in addition to interns), keeping a very close eye on quality control and ensuring client deliverables are smart, thoughtful, on-time and error-free
- Work closely with our leadership on overall account management and capacity planning, ensuring client objectives are regularly met, our work is completed effectively and the team is run efficiently
- Help our practice win new business and proactively expand our relationships in the technology sector
- Stay up-to-date with consumer technology media trends and leverage relationships with leading national and local outlets to maintain regular coverage
- Lead planning for product launches, strategic partnerships, and events
- 7+ years of experience in consumer technology PR in a client-facing and leadership role, or in-house
- 2-3 years minimum of demonstrated staff management experience
- Experience leading blue chip global technology accounts or in-house communication
- Can conceptualize, develop and produce strategic client plans, client recommendations, and media approach roadmaps that will be shared with the client, executives, and partners
- Must be well versed in producing dynamic, highly visual Powerpoint presentations
- Basic design skills to create flow charts, timelines, etc. are required, and advanced graphic skills are a plus!
- Internalizes client and staff input to deliver initial strategies on their own, further honing and developing client plans based on edits and guidance from senior members of the team to produce excellent final results
- Has a strong news savvy and knowledge of the media covering consumer electronics and innovation, particularly of big tech companies
- Has a strong track record handling multiple assignments at once, working quickly and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel for the job
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement