APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
McDonald’s seeks a Manager, People Communications for its U.S. Communications team who will support the effort to strategically advance US People storytelling and mobilize the voice of key senior U.S. leaders across internal and external audiences. Reporting to the Director of People Communications, the new hire will develop and execute proactive communication strategies for McDonald’s U.S. People priorities, while also providing strategic counsel and ensuring alignment among key partners.
- Lead the development and execution of integrated, US communications strategies for key People priorities.
- Reach and influence target audiences with messaging, creative storytelling, channel strategies and content plans
- Develop materials designed to tell the People story. May include narratives, stakeholder messages and correspondence, talking points, presentations, web and social copy, assets for owned channels, speeches, etc.
- Lead in coordinating input of communication materials and deployment
- Shape, set and deliver against metrics/KPIs.
- Build and navigate communications planning with franchisees and other key stakeholders to get feedback and raise awareness, understanding and alignment on key People initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for consideration to proactively communicate on People priorities and proactively identify new innovative approaches/tactics that drive heightened engagement with target audiences.
- Coordinate with internal cross-functional partners and communication leads to drive consistency in messaging and timely delivery.
- Manage/coordinate inbound requests for People communications
- Support management of master communications calendar and channels for U.S people, ensuring alignment with global partners
- Partner with the Director, US People Communications and the broader U.S. System Communications team to help build and support the overall U.S. leadership strategy and narrative.
- Support the team on proactive executive positioning on behalf of the U.S. Chief People Officer and select members of the people leadership team, as informed by the most pressing People priorities. This includes strategy and content development across media and speaking engagements, social media and owned content.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, business or related field.
- Communications expertise that spans both external and internal disciplines, either in-house or at an agency.
- Strong business acumen and good understanding of business strategy.
- Experience developing and executing integrated communications strategies that connect with a wide variety of stakeholders both internal/external (e.g., franchisee, restaurant, employees, etc.)
- Natural storyteller with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- A critical thinker comfortable rolling up sleeves to execute
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results
- Leverages data and insights to driver greater effectiveness
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances
- Thrives in fast-paced environments; is flexible and can accommodate changes with minimal disruption
- Strong project management and orchestration skills
- Experience working with all levels of management and staff, including influencing key stakeholders
- Team player that is open, honest and direct but tactful and respectful in communications style and approach
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.