APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
McDonald’s seeks a Manager, Business Communications for its Global Communications team. This position will lead the development and execution of proactive, long-term communication plans around elements of McDonald’s growth strategy and enterprise initiatives for internal and external audiences. You will manage relationships with cross-functional partners, including McDonald’s Legal and Finance departments, to build communications campaigns around key business priorities, develop communications materials (key messages/narratives, Q&A documents), and help shape engagement plans.
In addition, the person in this role will manage events and tools that keep McDonald’s employees and stakeholders engaged around our corporate strategy. They will lead Global Employee Town Halls and play a key role in McDonald’s System events, such as McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention, annual shareholders’ meeting and investor updates.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL and report directly to the Director, Business Communications. You will be a member of the broader Global Communications team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute integrated, global communications strategies for key enterprise priorities that span internal and external audiences
- Reach and influence target audiences by developing and delivering on messaging, creative storytelling, channel strategies and content plans
- Collaborate with Global Communications sub-teams and subject matter experts to identify opportunities to proactively communicate on enterprise priorities
- Drive and execute Global Employee Town Halls, working with agency partners and McDonald’s in-house creative agency, managing event timelines and deliverables
- Manage communications workstreams for additional System events, including McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention, annual shareholders’ meeting and investor updates
- Create key event materials, including key messages, scripts, talking points, presentations, videos, and creative assets
- Develop strategies for providing tools and resources to global leaders, including managing McDonald’s Leadership Communications Portal
- Partner with Executive Communications to support executive positioning and thought leadership opportunities for relevant leaders
- Work with cross-functional partners to manage inbound requests
- Regularly set and deliver against internal and external metrics/KPIs for communications plans to drive brand trust and confidence in McDonald’s business and leadership
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Deep communications expertise that is global in nature with internal and external experience and a demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories.
- Experience managing internal and external corporate events, including employee town halls, leadership meetings, financial events or large-scale meetings or conventions
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and influence with leaders and collaborators at all levels.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.