Working at the intersection of business, finance, public policy, and media, the Senior Associate position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in communications, public relations, and crisis management to develop research, writing, and media skills at a prestigious firm with high-profile clients. This position is based in our New York City office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Work effectively as part of the team to support the communications staff of the client, as necessary
- Act as the go-to project management person when working with a team on a rollout plan
- Integrate strategic messages into written work
- Use refined research skills to assemble highly developed and accurate research information
- Write and edit written work using a sophisticated understanding of correct grammar and punctuation
- Research ideas and supporting information, data, etc. for new business proposals
- Develop traditional, digital and social media strategies
- Develop pitches for a variety of media sources, including print, online, and broadcast media
- Bachelor's degree (a plus if it is in a related field such as communications, English, journalism, political science, or business)
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Internships or previous experience in public relations, corporate communications, journalism, politics, and finance/investor relations are an advantage; and
- Proficiency with Word® required; proficiency with PowerPoint and other presentation programs preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is a poised, intellectually curious overachiever who is discreet and demonstrates superior writing, editing, and research skills, with strong analytical and organizational abilities
- Is a dedicated, collegial team player with excellent people skills
- Thrives under pressure, with the ability to handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment – all while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Is ready, willing, and able to work 24/7 to support client teams when called upon
TO APPLY, please send a PDF of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All applications should include “NYC SENIOR ASSOCIATE APPLICANT” in the email's subject line with your full name. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in FGH+SVC.