APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
As guardians of the Nielsen Media assets, our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen. We seek to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear, simple and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive financial action. As a team we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, whilst maintaining the highest ethical standard
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Senior Manager of External Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-K/Qs, 8-Ks with financial disclosures. This individual will work closely with the various functions in the company (including treasury, tax, FP&A, investor relations, legal) and be exposed to all levels of management within Nielsen’s finance organization.
- Preparation and review of the quarterly and annual financial reports with the SEC, including drafting financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Assist in review and preparation of periodic earnings releases and related materials required (with an understanding of restrictions on the use of non-gaap measures)
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements for potential impact and discourses in 10-Q/10-K
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits of SEC filings and preparation of GAAP disclosure checklist
- Assist with technical accounting work performed over new and/or complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes to existing policies
- Review XBRL tagging prepared by 3rd party service provider
- Review of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required
- 6-8 years prior experience in private industry and public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, IFRS experience a plus
- Leadership capabilities, strong work ethic/attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot financial related issues, and strong desire to learn/take on additional responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Donnelley Financial Solutions ActiveDisclosure is a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Location: Remote, NY Metro Area (CT, NY, NJ) preferred