APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
As guardians of the Nielsen Media assets, our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen. We seek to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear, simple and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive financial action. As a team we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, whilst maintaining the highest ethical standard
Nielsen’s Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly-selective team. CAS serves not only as an independent internal audit function, but also as a leadership development program. CAS provides objective assurance over Nielsen’s financials and has reporting accountability to Nielsen’s management team, Audit Committee, and External Audit partner. As Nielsen is a global enterprise, CAS has audit responsibilities over 50+ countries. In addition to audit work, CAS engages in projects that support critical strategic initiatives to support Nielsen.
● Mentor junior audit associates throughout the audit process.
● Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls by performing audits. This includes planning, scoping, testing, and drafting audit reports
● Identify control deficiencies, inconsistencies, and/or incidents of fraud.
● Present findings/recommendations to senior leaders. Partner with the business to develop remediation plans and support best practice sharing.
● Provide independent assurance on business compliance with policy, and internal controls.
● Contribute to the development of audit process improvements and efficiency, including the development of automated routines.
● Work on high impact projects related to process improvement, analytics, financial reporting, etc. and present results to senior leaders.
● Embrace an analytical mindset to help identify and assess business risks.
● Have strong communication and relationship-building skills.
● Domestic and international travel is required.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
CAS is not a traditional audit shop. We are looking for an associate who not only has technical auditing experience, but who wants to accelerate their career and position themselves to become a future leader. The Corporate Audit Staff is a 2-4 year rigorous leadership development program that gives associates an opportunity to become a manager after 2 years and a senior manager after 3 years. Being analytical is imperative, but it’s also critical to have a big-picture mindset and understand enterprise-level risks. We are seeking someone with excellent project management skills and the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment along with strong communication skills.
● Bachelor's degree in a related area
● 2 to 3+ years of experience in accounting, finance, auditing, or equivalent
● Strong analytical, audit, investigative, and problem-solving skills
● Outstanding organization to manage multiple workstreams
● Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of organization and with various cultures
● Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite of products. Understanding of data analytics/visualization tools
● Knowledge of US GAAP and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite
Travel: 20% International and Domestic (Two dose COVID vaccine is required)