APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
The Architect will be responsible for defining a common architecture and developing
foundational work that’s strategic for Nielsen platforms. Defining cloud design patterns using
microservices, containers, infrastructure as code and automation will be one of the key
responsibilities. The Architect will also be responsible for mentoring developers and
coordinating cloud migration initiatives with the platform teams.
Here is a list of responsibilities:
● Reach out to application owners to gather cloud migration needs and constraints.
● Identify relevant cloud architectural patterns of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Perform foundational work to prototype common architecture components and share them with the platform teams for reuse.
● Define a migration path and detailed plan for moving legacy platforms to AWS cloud.
● Drive architectural transformation of legacy platforms to microservices and containers.
● Coordinate with platform teams to automate the deployment of applications to AWS cloud.
● Drive Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps culture.
● Administer configuration management, integration, deployment and monitoring tools.
● Train, coach, and share technical knowledge with less experienced staff.
● Models Integrity & Humility, Inspires & multiplies, Innovates and Learns
Must have at least 5 years experience building and deploying production applications to one of the leading cloud providers. Must have a deep understanding of cloud architecture in the area of networking, storage, compute services and infrastructure as code. Experienced in deploying secure, scalable, highly available and reliable applications leveraging AWS multi-zone and multi region deployment.
Here is a list of required work experience:
● Experience defining Standards, Best Practices and Design/Architecture patterns for cloud.
● Experience using AWS Cloud standards and microservices architecture patterns leveraging Containerization and Orchestration
● Experience developing reusable components that are used by multiple project teams.
● Experience developing software within an automated pipeline for deployment into orchestrated containerized environments.
● Experience building Automated scripts for building up and tearing down clusters.
● Experience designing for observability, security using modern monitoring/logging tools.
● Experience managing networking, storage, compute and versioning of clusters.
● Experience building and deploying applications leveraging IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
● Experience programming using popular languages and frameworks
● Extensive experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
● Experience working in Agile scrum methodology based development teams.
Required Technical Skills
● Skilled in setting up production load as Kubernetes cluster by leveraging Pods, Kubeadm, skaffold and twistlock for container security.
● Skilled in containerizing existing legacy applications using Docker and optimizing them to run on kubernetes.
● Worked intensively with orchestration technologies like kubernetes, Openshift, KOPs, GKE.
● Container orchestration expertise using Mesosphere, Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm
● Fast learner and ability to keep up with the emerging Devops and Container tech landscape.
● Effective use of Ansible, Jenkins, CircleCI, Terraform, Prometheus and CloudFormation
● Deployment and automation using Cloud formation, Ansible, Elastic Beanstalk
● Instrumenting observability using tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, OpsGenie.
● Knowledge of big data Hadoop platform using M/R, Hive, Pig, Spark, Tez, Oozie
● Network, Storage, Load balancer, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift and DynamoDB
● Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
● Proficient at using GIT, GitFlow, JIRA, BItbucket and Confluence.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
● 10+ years of IT industry experience with at least 5 years experience as an architect.
● 5-8 years of work experience in software development
● 1-2 years experience as DevOps Engineer, System Administrator or similar technical role.