Job Title :
Senior Account Executive
Vanguard Communications is a small, Hispanic woman-owned public relations firm that leverages the power of public relations and communications to educate the public about important issues of our time. We are a diverse team of communicators who apply our range of skills, subject area expertise and different ways of thinking to opportunities our clients face. We focus on causes that align with diversity, equity and inclusion; health and wellness; youth and families; education; and energy and environment, to name a few.
We work in a team-based, hybrid work environment where motivated, creative, accountable and collaborative individuals thrive. We encourage continuous learning and mentoring, and create opportunities for team members to stretch, learn and grow. If this mission and environment inspire you, please read on!
A full-time Senior Account Executive will support a multi-faceted communications account and act as the task lead on a range of health-focused communications campaigns and materials. The position will support the Project Director by implementing communications strategies, developing materials, and providing and presenting recommendations to the client. The position will have a focus on audience engagement, cultural responsiveness, and clear calls to action. The position will assist in managing project work plans and reporting, as well as ensure client deliverables are kept on time, of high quality and within budget. Other client work may include developing executive communications materials, providing digital strategy counsel, and/or co-leading various communications planning efforts. This opportunity will provide the ability to expand knowledge of the many facets of strategy and content development with nonprofit and government clients whose missions align with social change. The position will allow an individual to gain experience in client management, budgeting, team management and problem solving while building and managing communications projects that have a far-reaching impact on the DC community.
Other client work may include providing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) communications counsel, communications strategic counsel; creating dynamic, creating well-written media materials; providing media/digital strategy counsel; and/or co-leading various communications planning efforts.
- Serves as a project or task lead for small or midsized campaigns or projects.
- Develop culturally responsive communications campaigns and materials for underserved populations.
- Coordinates and supports the implementation of social marketing and/or public education campaigns and projects. Activities may include strategic planning, media liaising, materials development, research, digital marketing, collaborating with community organizations/partners, and other related tasks as required.
- Provides account management support, including tracking budget and project deliverable timelines using sophisticated databases and spreadsheets.
- Interfaces with clients and provides full breadth of communications support as needed, including event support.
- Work closely with clients and team members to ensure final work products and contract deliverables exceed client expectations.
- Provide day-to-day support and quality oversight across all aspects of work.
- Ensure that our clients experience our highest level of customer service, and all deliverables are clear, concise, and timely.
- Work closely with the design and editorial team to develop creative approaches for communications materials.
- Write and edit content for a variety of audiences at various reading levels using multiple communication platforms (e.g., web content, outreach products, social media content, print materials).
- Conduct research on campaigns and initiatives to help inform the writing and creation of materials for the client.
- Mentor junior staff on team by coaching and consistently providing feedback.
- Contribute to other client and corporate initiatives as requested and/or needed
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who loves communications in all its evolving forms. Ideally, our new team member has experience in public campaigns and materials for underserved populations. Other experience should include:
- Developing communications materials, including web content outreach products, social media content and print materials.
- Ability to write for various stakeholders.
- Coordinating the development of communications materials in close partnership with graphic designers.
- Juggling competing demands and shifting priorities in a calm and productive manner.
- Meeting client needs and deliverables in a timely manner and being responsive to requests from the client.
- Understanding of strategic communications planning.
- Writing and editing materials for a fifth to sixth grade reading level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field.
- Previous experience in Medicaid, or knowledge of Medicaid is preferred.
- We strongly desire the candidate to reside in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the public relations/communications field.
Attributes for Success
Vanguard wants its employees to succeed, so we look for candidates who demonstrate the following values:
People-First. To everyone with whom our work intersects, we are inclusive, respectful, and accountable.
Motivated. We make it our job to be informed, yet constantly seek ways to learn more and work smarter.
Impactful. Because progress can be achieved by both large- and small-scale changes, we integrate both in our work.
Truthful. Integrity and transparency define our reputation and are the backbone of client relationships.
Friendly + Fun. We value each other’s time, talents, personalities, and contributions to our culture of inclusion
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $65,000-$80,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits, including hybrid/remote work schedule and transportation subsidy.
Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to employment, with accommodations.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume at the following link:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year