Reporting to the State Campaigns Manager, the Regional Campaigns Associate/Sr. Regional Campaigns Associate will assist in executing campaigns strategy and growing our accountability champion program within an assigned region. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and proactive, and have experience with issue advocacy; managing relationships; and working with public officials. The Center for Climate Integrity is an all-remote organization and candidates will be expected to have excellent time management and communication skills. Candidates anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply.
Within their region, this position is expected to:
- Support the execution and growth of CCI’s state and local accountability champions program by researching and identifying potential champions and building relationships with public officials and their offices.
- Recruit potential champions by managing outreach, scheduling, and meetings with their offices.
- Own and manage relationships with elected officials, NGOs, and other relevant thought and community leaders within their assigned territory.
- Facilitate regular communication with leaders to ensure strong working relationships.
- Identify and execute policy and communications opportunities for accountability champions that are in line with larger departmental and organizational strategies.
- Identify communications and research needs of accountability champions. When appropriate, provide background and local context to ensure the functionality and efficacy of materials.
- Supervise campaigns interns, as needed.
- Provide context and thought partnership to communications, legal, and research teams.
- Assist campaigns team with executing national and state campaigns strategy as needed.
- Represent CCI as needed at meetings, events, conferences, etc.
- 3+ years of political or issue campaign, public affairs, or advocacy experience for Associates; those with 5+ years of experience will be considered for a Sr. Associate title.
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Excellent research skills, with the ability to use the research and critical thinking skills to make strategic, data-driven decisions.
- Proactive, with excellent time-management skills. Possesses the ability to juggle multiple pieces with different deadlines in a given day.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with elected officials and other stakeholders.
- Comfortable speaking one-on-one with elected officials.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to easily tailor their voice and writing style to various audiences.
- Problem solver with a can-do, entrepreneurial approach.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and office communication clients (Slack or Wickr).
- Willingness and ability to travel, no more than 25% of the time.
- Experience working remotely and across time zones is preferred.
- Experience with electoral campaigns and/or on climate or environmental issues preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
CCI is an all-remote organization, and as such candidates will need to arrange for some of their own infrastructure and tools. A laptop computer can be provided, if needed, but the selected candidate will need to have access to:
- Reliable internet connection
- Cell phone
Compensation and Benefits
- The salary range for the Associate position is $62,000 - $67,000
- The salary range for the Sr. Associate position is $65,000 - $70,000
- CCI offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with matching, and opportunities for professional development.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Regional Campaigns Associate.” Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. Qualified candidates will be asked to interview with our selections team. We’ll be accepting submissions on a rolling basis and aim to have the position filled by October 15.
CCI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. People of color, members of the LGBT community, and women and non-binary people are strongly encouraged to apply.