NextGen America is seeking an experienced Design Manager that understands the progressive political environment and is passionate about youth voter mobilization. This manager-level role will support the Communications department and oversee the creation of multimedia creative designs while overseeing the mission-aligned execution of graphics and videos. This position will be broken down into 60% content creation and 40% management.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice--and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This role will report to the Vice President of Communications.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Yes
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 10-15%
End Date: 11/15/2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adapt poll-tested messaging into easily consumable illustrations and visuals to effectively connect with young audiences.
- Concept, budget, write, produce, and deliver photo and video content for NextGen website, microsites, and social media properties
- Support creative team in the production of large campaign projects, including but not limited to print collateral, email, video assets, and other items as requested
- Create daily assets and social media graphics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as well as banner display ads
- Manage Visual Designer and Associate Content Producer
- Work together with communications, policy, research, legal and designers to create and execute cohesive content strategies
- Regularly report on the performance of content programs and make recommendations on how to improve them
- Keep up with online trends and make recommendations as to how we can participate/incorporate them into our strategy
- Maintain an understanding of the emerging trends in social media and digital storytelling and utilize them, effectively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years of communications or digital work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Strong knowledge of typography, branding, and logo development
- Strong understanding of UX design fundamentals
- Consistency in producing quality work regardless of project size and time restraints
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Team and project management experience
- Exceptional copyediting and proofreading skills
Salary range for this position is $72,000-$85,000. Compensation will be based on experience. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
In-person meetings and travel are an essential part of this position. Consistent with NextGen America’s efforts to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and communities in which we serve, proof of full vaccination status at time of hire is an employment requirement for this position.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.