Job Title: Director of Communications
Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: Full Time
Prepared Date: July 11, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Communications will be a talented, reliable, detail-oriented, deadline-driven manager with experience using digital channels and tools to drive engagement with global audiences. The Director of Communications will work alongside the Chief Communications Officer to develop strategy, plan and manage compelling daily content, engaging campaigns, and online events, direct external partners, including a contract visual designer and graphic illustrator, and supervise the Communications Manager, Communications Associate, and Interns. The Director of Communications will manage content on A Call to Men's website, disseminate campaigns across the organization's digital platforms, and measure their success to advise future decisions based on metrics and data. This position requires a high level of creativity and solid editorial judgment, as well as the ability to use and produce social media analysis that drives strategy and reinforces the organization's commitment to gender and racial justice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead on social and email calendar
- Develop, create, and execute email marketing campaigns each month
- Execute social media marketing plans working within monthly marketing budgets
- Draft daily social posts for key platforms
- Creates, executes, and monitors multi-platform content and social strategies, ensuring that brand voice is consistent across all social platforms
- Strategize, execute, and manage A Call to Men's paid media program to acquire leads
- Interpret social media metrics and translate them into critical takeaways to inform future strategy
- Design and test strategies to increase followers, engagement, and increase revenue
- Create press releases
- Vet media relations opportunities.
- Project manage and collaborate with other departments.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Collaborate with team on design and implementation of all creative graphics designed for use on behalf of the company
- Create simple graphics using templates
- Identify, capture, produce, and publish compelling written, graphic, and video content.
- Build relationships, capitalize on existing resources, and work effectively within the team.
- Participate in creative buzz sessions and put forth fresh ideas for the team.
- Three to five years of experience managing social media programs (preferably for non-profit, social justice organizations)
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or a related field preferred
- Must have a proven record of successful online campaigns, user engagement, and a demonstrated ability to react to current events.
- Experience in digital and social media communication, including crafting and executing holistic digital strategies with diverse audiences and goals
- A passion for creating engaging content across all digital channels
- Experience with web content management (mainly WordPress)
- Ability to integrate still imagery and video into web features
- Ability to learn and adhere to brand standards and marketing practices
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong functional knowledge of social media principles and practices and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional copywriting skills: a knack for writing engaging, Internet-friendly copy
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to anti-violence work
- A resourceful and collaborative approach to projects
- Understanding of social media content best practices across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Some design skills (Photoshop and/or Canva)
- Basic video editing skills preferred
- Must have a proactive mindset
- Make it happen attitude--no job is too big or too small.
- Highly self-motivated
- Work independently while managing time and projects effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prioritize, multi-task, stay calm under pressure, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships within the organization and externall
- Proactive, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Use of Adobe Creative Suite / graphic design background
- Experience with Slack, Airtable, Trello, and/or Campaign Monitor
- Event planning and execution
This position requires frequent use of computers and telephone. Sitting, talking, and listening for 6+ hours per day. An average of 8 hours per day is spent at the computer. Lifting up to 10 lbs.
This is a remote, work-from-home position with some travel required. The salary range is $70,000 - $80,000, with the added benefit of being part of a high-impact organization creating a more equitable and just society. Residing in Georgia or the Carolinas is preferred, but not required.
Please include your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Kimya@ACallToMen.Org.
"A CALL TO MEN" is an "at-will" and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression), identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application."