At MSL, we believe in the power of PR to grow business and build reputations. How? By influencing conversations, culture, choices and change – and by recruiting passionate creators and storytellers obsessed with making an impact for our clients’ brands, products and organizations. We believe in doing incredible work that makes our clients fall in love with us – and makes the competition jealous. We innovate relentlessly. We pursue big, bold ideas with passion and ferocity. Together, we’re on a journey to reimagine what PR can accomplish!
MSL is currently seeking an Account Supervisor for our Corporate Reputation practice. This role will be responsible for external communications, project management and media relations.
The ideal candidate is a corporate generalist who is well versed in account management, corporate storytelling, media relations and integrated partnerships. We are looking for an on-the-rise team leader with a passion for client service and driving results in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Experience with agriculture and/or nutrition/food clients in a highly regulated environment is a plus.
If we’ve learned anything from the pandemic, it’s the need for greater flexibility in how and where we work so are open to applications from candidates anywhere, we have U.S. offices - Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle or Washington, D.C. plus St. Louis.
· Support management of complex programs and budgets; create and execute against detailed timelines with minimal supervision
· Understand and retain client messages and goals; translate to strategic content customized for key stakeholders such as customers and trade partners
· Build and maintain reporter relationships, develop and edit press materials, and lead with proactive media outreach
· Contribute to client correspondence; actively engage in client and account team meetings
· Conduct research including analysis of media coverage, online conversations and trend reports; identify key takeaways and support building of recommendations for clients
· Manage various projects for clients from initial concept to completion – anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing work quality and ensuring deadline and budget(s) adherence
· Write proposals and reports.
· Assists project leads on tracking and monitoring account financials
· Coach early career staff; provide mentoring and growth opportunities
· Possesses a strong understanding of MSL’s positioning and goals; emulates behaviors consistent with MSL’s values
· At least 4 years of relevant experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications and/or related fields
· Proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
· Ability to help develop PR programs and create content
· Strong research, writing and editing skills
· Ability to thrive in team environment as well as work independently