Media & PR Specialist (Digital / Programmatic Advertising)
Remote - US
Apply here: https://www.mediavine.com/jobs/
The Mediavine Marketing & Communications team is currently looking for a savvy media relations and PR specialist to join us in our quest to turn up the volume and amplify our brand resonance! This role is tailor-made for an ambitious public relations professional with a passion for digital marketing, and a keen understanding of and experience in the programmatic advertising industry. Are you looking to take the next step in your career with an innovative and agile company that will provide you ample room to grow? Then let’s talk.
Mediavine was recently named to a list of “20 Internet Giants That Rule The Web”, sharing space with the likes of Google and Amazon. We’re on the forefront of the evolution of programmatic advertising, architecting products that will lead the way in the identity era and beyond; and this is why we are seeking someone who is passionate about pitching stories and advocating for the company’s share of voice, who knows how to manage relationships in the ever-changing PR industry, and who is tenacious in their pursuit to help us elevate our brand exposure.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously.
Position Title & Overview:
The Media & PR Specialist is the steward of Mediavine’s image in the programmatic industry. From conceptualizing C-suite thought leadership pieces to crafting press releases and compelling award nominations that will keep us on everyone’s minds, to leveraging connections with key partners and media: You’re Mediavine’s chief hype person. While this role is on the Marketing & Communications team, you will work closely with the Sales, People Operations and Business Development teams, as well as our C-suite to keep a steady and always ready pulse on anything and everything newsworthy happening at the company.
The Media & PR Specialist reports directly to the Director of Communications, under the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, as part of the larger Brand team under the Chief Brand Officer.
- Strategize and execute company public relations campaigns & outreach from conception, to tracking and reporting outcomes
- Conceptualize and create press releases, thought leadership pieces and award applications
- Research and secure appropriate speaking engagements and public appearances for company leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with representatives of key partners and publications
- Utilize the major social media platforms as a savvy insider and leverage that knowledge by contributing ideas for promoting programmatic content on those platforms
- Explore competitive best practices, research and share new industry trends
- Monitor and track our share of voice, mentions and competitive placement; and be familiar with tracking through media monitoring tools (i.e., Meltwater, Cision, Agility, Muck Rack, or similar platforms)
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of PR and corporate communications experience
- 2+ years of experience in the ad tech industry, preferred
- A keen understanding of the programmatic advertising industry and strong connections therein
- Impeccable technical writing and editing capabilities
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualizing on a high level and implementing comprehensive PR campaigns for company products, recognitions, events, etc.
- A self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
- Pervasive, positive attitude while juggling multiple projects and personalities
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and drive, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to setting and achieving quantifiable goals for all PR content, tracking the efficacy and adjusting tactics as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of how to optimize all major social media platforms to amplify our stories and engage with the media
- Experience using media monitoring tools to plan and manage media outreach, track progress and stay informed of how [our] target markets are evolving
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (yes, they are back!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer