APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Do you want to work with the brightest minds in PR Communications shaping stories with innovative companies that are impacting society and culture at large? WE Communications is looking for a media-savvy Account Director to join our Broadcast team.
WE are looking for someone who is fascinated by the intersection of people and brands and knows how to tell visual stories across multiple platforms. Our team works in a high-energy, fast-paced environment requiring thoughtful and close collaboration across multiple teams and geographies.
As an Account Director on the Broadcast team, you can expect to help craft strategy, build campaigns and land coverage that changes the way audiences think about our clients through consumer insights, rich storytelling and a deep understanding of the media landscape. This position will help strategize and run major events for clients while managing fast-moving news cycles to drive desired outcomes. The ideal candidate would come with a few already established business, tech and other broadcast media relationships.
This position will be an integral part of the Sr. Leadership team across our function – helping scope new business opportunities, evaluate team growth and working to maintain our culture.
For this role, you will split time between the Microsoft account, and a few key, smaller account on the Consumer and Tech sectors. On Microsoft, you will dive into their commercial enterprise division, focused on telling visual stories that are related to everything from mixed reality and the cloud to artificial intelligence and customer wins. The other half of your time will likely be focused on Lyft, Smartsheet and/or F5.
What you'll be doing
- Manage significant cycles of media inquiries as well as proactive relationships with key national and local media/influencers
- Identify, create, and grow relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories
- Serve as day-to-day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, manage high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs
- Develop and lead brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals
- Integrate and gather information across teams, clients, and partners as needed for projects, specifically for broadcast media (radio, tv, podcast, digital video, etc.)
- Lead/partner on projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events.
- Research and share industry insights, shifts and opportunities in the broadcast landscape
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identify, follow and create new opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and drive new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
- Manager for 1-2 younger team members, responsible for their growth, continued education and project oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field is preferred. Or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience in integrated communications/PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Increased level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; takes accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.