APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
The Sr Director of Business Development works with senior leadership in our Consumer, Healthcare, and Technology sectors to qualify, progress and close new business opportunities, which includes managing and supporting priority RFPs and pitch presentations. The Sr Director works in partnership with others across the North America region to showcase our ideas, capabilities and people in compelling ways that can move our prospective clients’ business forward. The Sr Director also supports the agency's Proactive Pursuits Program, working with leadership across the agency to identify, engage and convert prospective clients. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development.
What you'll be doing
- Manage incoming new business opportunities including qualifying opportunities against the agency’s criteria and providing recommendations on whether to pursue.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal clients on all aspects of progressing the qualified opportunities through to completion ensuring high quality deliverables and full client satisfaction.
- Manage active prospects and projects by setting priorities and expectations, problem solving, communicating ongoing status updates to the team and ensuring follow up is taking place along agreed upon timelines. This requires liaising with specialist resource throughout each stage of the proposal/pitch development process include research and creative data analysis, planning and creative/design.
- Manage and coach pitch teams to finalize presentation content and ensure each member of the team is ‘room ready’ to deliver with poise, presence and confidence.
- Integrate with internal clients and marketing to lead and drive content-led prospect engagement and lead generation for Proactive Pursuits Program. Connect with global stakeholders to coordinate outreach to multi-market targets.
- Lead the evaluation of and transition to a new CRM and marketing automation tool. Work with internal clients to ensure accurate data is captured in CRM for sales tracking and reporting purposes.
- Proactively recommend processes and materials that would benefit the agency and that don’t already exist as part of the Business Development infrastructure.
- Manage at least one junior member of the business development team.
What you've been able to accomplish
- 10+ years of relevant business development experience required. Agency experience or work in a professional services and agency environment preferred. Previous experience in business development or demand generation a plus.
- Strong demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, including ability and willingness to pitch in on all aspects of the business process.
- Strong self-starter spirit; ability to respond to shifting priorities and work under deadline in a fast-paced environment with ease and a sense of humor.
- A proven ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.