APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Does defining purpose and motivating people drive you? Are you passionate about using internal communications to catalyze business outcomes and social impact? Are you energized by helping clients harness the power of an engaged workforce?
Our Corporate Reputation + Brand Purpose team is looking for a Vice President who is excited to advance employee engagement and culture communications with some of the world’s most recognized brands and organizations. You’ll lead a growing and dedicated employee engagement consulting team, build relationships with experienced clients that demand original thinking and you’ll help brands connect with their most prized audience, their employees, in authentic and impactful ways.
You would be a key leader of the Corporate Reputation + Brand Purpose team with a focus on employee engagement for clients, helping to develop and implement campaigns that ensure client satisfaction and achievement of objectives.
What you'll be doing
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering communication campaigns for clients, especially internal or employee-focused initiatives including employee value proposition, employer brand and culture communication strategy. Diversity, equity and inclusion is central to our approach and your experience and ability to counsel in this area will be highly valued.
- Counseling senior clients on strategic planning and with creative thinking, on internal communications, talent experience, and employer brand
- Overseeing the development of deliverables such as communication plans, key messaging and collateral materials for leaders and managers, internal content and channel strategy
- Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships, particularly for key internal communications leaders
- Overseeing budgets and resource allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
- Managing career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client and team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Contributing significantly to broader Corporate Reputation + Brand Purpose practice development efforts and leading organic growth and new business pursuits
- Building relationships within our company and increasing internal visibility for our employee engagement/internal communications offerings. This may include developing memos and internal presentations
What you've been able to accomplish
The Vice President joins a team of professionals with multi-disciplinary skills who successfully blend sector and content knowledge, client service, and expertise in strategic consulting and communications. He/she is expected to have the following qualifications:
Sector Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Experience driving internal communications, employee engagement, change management, issues management, executive positioning and organizational development.
- Experience with and ability to articulate employee experience landscape and trends related to workplace transformation, diversity, equity & inclusion, employee activism, benefits
- Experience designing and implementing consulting and communications programs in support of internal communications and organizational transformation.
- Proficiency with business applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync/Office Communicator, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience managing and supporting senior-level clients and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ability to work with clients and teams across various geographic locations with minimum supervision.
- Experience working in a team setting.
- Ability to manage multiple teams of direct reports and coach junior staff.
- Ability to be flexible and delegate effectively.
- Train and identify learning opportunities for team members.
- Understand and meet WE guidelines on best business practices including staff utilization, daily timesheets, accurate billing, timely expense reports, etc.
- Make presentations to groups of all sizes – both client and agency, small and large, formal and informal.
- Participate in professional development classes, utilize employee education fund and other opportunities for learning and continual improvement. Actively share what you learn.
- Participate in team or agency projects as assigned.
- Look for opportunities to expand agency presence with the client
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.