APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
WE Communications is looking for a driven, experienced Account Manager who is excited about driving stories for one of the biggest tech companies worldwide. This person is passionate about working with people, leading a team and counseling clients. Opportunities to create and land campaigns around technology that is shaping the way organizations think about digital transformation. The AM is responsible for day-to-day client management and satisfaction, serving as the point of strategic integration and counsel for the team. This position will manage, plan, and execute on earned and owned media programs.
What you'll be doing
- Managing and growing senior level client relationships to assure internal and external stakeholders alignment, by negotiating and managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Identifying and driving digital/social media strategies; either standalone or as elements of communication plans
- Developing and executing integrated communication plans
- Providing strategic counsel to key clients and serving as a trusted advisor on clients and competitors
- Informing, educating, and influencing existing and potential future clients directly on WE value and positioning relative to competing agencies
- Building awareness and showcasing capabilities, talent, and results internally and externally
- Serving as project manager in preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in-person pitch meetings
- Sharing industry POV and strong understanding of shifts and opportunities in the competitive agency landscape.
- Identifying global, digital, and social communications trends; educating clients/agency in understanding the importance of social media engagement
- Assuring internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Serving as primary day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
- Participating in budget and resource management; tracking team utilization
- Managing career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- 5 years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 3 years of management experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas