APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
The Account Director will create, manage, and execute consumer PR campaigns with media, influencers, and consumers on behalf of our clients. This position will be responsible for a significant component of the communications program targeting client’s customers. This includes partnering with clients to define and evolve the future of our ongoing storytelling program, including alignment to the broader communications, and marketing efforts. The AD is responsible for day-to-day client management and satisfaction, serving as the point of strategic integration and counsel for the team. This position will manage, plan, and execute on earned and owned media programs.
What you'll be doing
- Leading/owning projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as driving news and launches for events
- Pursuing and coordinating cross-account/practice and global business opportunities
- Growing, managing, and maintaining client relationships with key, senior level media/influencers; proactively engaging on issues
- Soliciting and sharing feedback/perception from media and influencers regarding client(s) competition and position in the industry
- Leading engagement with executives and support of their individual social media platforms
- Providing strategic and tactical counsel to executive level clients
- Establishing social media objectives and goals across the account(s)
- Partnering with clients to establish the strategic direction for social media engagements
- Leading preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in person pitch meetings
- Contributing to agency strategic planning initiatives
- Developing, reviewing, and pitching stories/content
- Developing budget/utilization management and resourcing skills
- Overseeing resource allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
- Managing career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 6 years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 4 years of management experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.