Are you passionate about abortion, reproductive justice, economic justice, and racial justice? Do you eat the news for breakfast and stay up on top of the latest social media trends? If so, you should consider joining our team.
ConwayStrategic continues to seek a Communications Manager to support communications and public affairs projects for progressive clients. The successful candidate will have strong research, writing, and project management skills, as well as media relations and digital media experience.
- Write talking points, speeches, op-eds, advocacy emails, and other internal and public-facing materials for clients.
- Manage media relations activities:
- Draft press releases, pitch notes, quotes, talking points, and letters to the editor;
- Pitch written pieces and spokespeople to, and build relationships with, local and national media contacts at print, radio, digital, podcast and TV outlets.
- Build and update media lists and manage a media database of key journalists.
- Track media placements and successes, including compiling metrics reports.
- Manage social media activities:
- Develop content, particularly for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok platforms, for various clients;
- Monitor social and digital media trends and identify opportunities for new, creative activities and tactics for clients;
- Metrics analysis and reporting, including providing social media reports, project evaluations, email metrics and participating in debriefs as needed;
- Manage social media influencer campaigns and strategies for various clients, including identifying potential influencers to work with, conducting outreach, creative development, and ongoing communication with influencers;
- Assist with paid media buying, including digital and social media ads/promotion;
- Conduct online research and reporting on various client-related topics.
- Assist with metrics and evaluation reports, including client and grant reporting.
- Assist with project management as needed, including webinars, media briefings, online meetings, and in-person meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent a plus.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of workplace experience, preferably working in communications and/or media; experience working on advocacy campaigns or with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities; aptitude and willingness to work under and meet tight deadlines;
- Proven and highly effective organizational skills and strong writing skills a must.
- Media relations experience, including pitching proactive stories to reporters and building outreach lists;
- Familiarity with tracking, analytics, research, and webinar software or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with racially diverse clients and staff, and racial justice issues.
- Goal oriented, self-directed and self-motivated within a team-based, participatory environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual is a plus.
You will thrive in this role if you are someone who:
- Excels in a fast-paced, team-based, participatory environment and has an aptitude for working under and meeting tight deadlines.
- Can work autonomously, multitask and shift priorities as needed.
- Is comfortable with a virtual office and online project management systems.
- Has a commitment to and knowledge about political and cultural issues related to women’s health, gender justice, racial justice, and social justice issues.
- Is committed and experienced in practices for equity, inclusion, and justice in the workplace.
- Loves creativity and delivering results.
- Loves working with a smart, committed team from diverse backgrounds in a low-ego, low-drama, collaborative environment.
- Location — Negotiable.
- Salary — Salary range is $65k-$85k, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits- Full health, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, 12 weeks paid family leave, 401(k) with 4% match after one year, work from home benefits, and a family-friendly, fun workplace.
- Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and three references to email@example.com. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
ConwayStrategic is a boutique firm specializing in developing innovative, research-driven public relations, messaging, and advocacy strategies to influence public opinion and create culture change.
Our team consists of talented, driven, curious people who have can-do attitudes, approach work with vigor and determination, learn quickly, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. We’ve led organizations and multi-million dollar campaigns, so we know industry best practices and we bring our experience in grassroots organizing, politics, policy, coalition management and more to all our client work. ConwayStrategic has a collaborative, no-drama work setting, in which we respect each other’s work-life balance while doing what it takes to get the job done.