Apply via external link here
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Director, Internal Digital Platforms (IDP) to lead a team responsible for all editorial and design functions of Visa’s internal digital platforms. As part of the Global Employee Communications and Engagement organization, the team manages internal platforms such as the intranet, digital signage, and other digital assets, designed to drive colleagues’ engagement and connection to Visa’s purpose, strategy, and culture.
The Senior Director should establish a vision and strategy for the intranet, create and manage a robust editorial calendar of original content, and continuously assess and refine the user experience. The Senior Director also will serve as an integral member of the Global Employee Communications and Engagement leadership team to help cultivate a culture grounded in strategic innovation, flawless execution, trusted collaboration, and growth and learning for the broader team.
Drive the intranet strategy and evolve the content to align more closely with Visa’s purpose, strategy, and culture.
Assess and improve the site architecture and content layout to create a consistent, user-friendly, people-centric experience.
Write, edit, and produce content across multiple channels to deliver relevant and timely communications that educate employees about Visa’s purpose, business strategy, and leadership principles.
Lead a team of content creators (writing and design) to create relevant and visually compelling content.
Partner with colleagues across the Communications organization, particularly business and regional leads, to ensure message alignment and to generate content ideas.
Partner with the Technology and People organizations to evolve the content delivery strategy and lead ongoing intranet optimization efforts.
Develop a streamlined process to solicit and publish articles from across the company and establish best practices for quality control of editorial content.
Oversee enterprise editorial content calendar.
Assess, leverage, and continuously refine multiple formats on content delivery (e.g., infographics, videos, and newsletters.).
Create branded content series to provide steady rhythm of content and provide “destination reading.”
Generate and execute ideas for original articles and series.
Develop unified and consistent approach (and training) for key stakeholders to publish content directly.
Analyze and communicate relevant metrics to stakeholders to demonstrate site effectiveness and drive ongoing site improvement.
Hire, coach, and evaluate performance of direct reports.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience in communications experience with relevant editorial and digital experience required with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related discipline required.
• Experience leading a team strongly preferred.
• Experience in fintech, financial services, or another relevant area strongly preferred.
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Exceptional editorial skills (e.g., writing, editing, and proofreading).
• Ability to write across multiple channels and write messages that reflect an understanding of audiences’ needs.
• Experience launching and/or leading enterprise social networks.
• Ability to synthesize difficult concepts into accessible, everyday language.
• Keen sense of design and visual content.
• Understanding of how digital communications channels enable and support change initiatives.
• Sound business judgment and experience “connecting the dots” among seemingly unrelated topics.
• Ability to influence, counsel, and guide employees at all levels.
• Ability to shape and edit team members’ and peers’ content in a productive, positive, results-driven manner.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Experience making sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment with little information or guidance.
• Outstanding project management skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Experience providing coaching and feedback to help team members learn and grow.
• Positive approach and commitment to collaboration with shared purpose.
This role may be located in New York, San Francisco, Foster City, Austin and Atlanta. The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 148400 USD to 240000 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location of applicant. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FSH/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.