ABOUT THIS ROLE
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Strategic Campaigns team is working remotely. This role is currently fully remote within the U.S., on Eastern Time, and will be based in New York, New York, Washington, DC or Los Angeles, California when we return to our offices (late summer 2021).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Executive on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will...
- Write polished press materials (including pitches, press releases, op-eds, and media backgrounders), strategic memos and outreach reports
- Conduct strategic and thorough media outreach to land stories for our clients
- Monitor the media to identify opportunities to insert our clients into the news cycle, and build and maintain press lists that demonstrate a strong understanding of the reporters and outlets covering our clients' issues
- Build and nurture media relationships that help keep our clients top of mind for priority reporters and editors
- Support client communications, serving as a point of contact for client deliverables
- Manage and mentor account staff, providing strategic direction and feedback
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to evaluate the impact of our clients' work; analyze the positioning of our clients relative to their competitors; and better understand how our clients' target audiences behave, relate to our clients' work, and speak about our clients' issues
- Contribute ideas, research, and writing support for strategic communications
- Keep the trains running for our account teams—ensure the team's work is moving in accordance with the work plan and meeting deadlines
- 2-3+ years of work experience, preferably in public relations, public affairs, media relations, journalism, issue advocacy, political campaigns or a related field
- At least one year of full-time or interning experience in a client-facing role, a strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly around economic, social and racial justice; politics; and workers’ rights
- Strong interest in culture, influencer engagement and social impact work
- Multi-tasks easily, has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Technically fluent with tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Suite
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning and local, state or national politics
Learn More Here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/berlinrosen/jobs/5027889002?source=JobTarget%20via%20ColorComm%20Network&utm_source=JobTarget&utm_medium=ColorComm%20Network&utm_campaign=Account%20Executive%2C%20Strategic%20Campaigns%20(5027889002)&_jtochash=p7M1qnF2d7ZaF281SNkqG&_jtocprof=EFA1T9o4TlMQ5u-R3A43c9K9f1Rd714V