The Center for Climate Integrity (“CCI”) seeks an experienced and versatile writer to craft a wide range of materials that will advance the organization’s work to help communities hold oil and gas corporations accountable for the massive costs of climate change. The Staff Writer will be a key contributor to various CCI projects that seek to educate different audiences about the fossil fuel industry’s decades-long campaigns to deceive the public about climate change, as well as the growing movement in courts, communities, and Congress to hold climate polluters accountable. A member of CCI’s communications department, this new position is fully remote and will report to the Communications Director.
- Work alongside CCI staff and other partners to generate compelling content that tells the story of Big Oil’s climate deception, explains the resulting costs to communities, and makes the case for climate accountability and justice.
- Draft and edit a wide range of written materials, including but not limited to:
- In-depth reports and policy statements
- Op-eds and letters to the editor
- Blog posts, emails, and other web copy
- Talking points and message guidance
- Provide editing and proofreading support across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing, grammar, and copy editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts in clear and concise language
- Experience managing multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, as well as producing clean copy under tight deadlines
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multiple staff and stakeholders across a nationwide organization
- Sound editorial judgment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience with journalism, nonprofits, and/or advocacy campaigns
- Familiarity with climate, environmental, legal, and/or corporate accountability advocacy
- Knowledge of AP style
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus, but not required
CCI is an all-remote organization. Candidates will need to arrange for some of their own infrastructure and tools. A laptop computer will be provided but the selected candidate will need to have access to:
- Reliable internet connection
- Cell phone
Compensation and Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000.
- CCI offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with matching, and opportunities for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CCI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. People of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and women and non-binary people are strongly encouraged to apply.
$65,000 - $75,000 per year