BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in issue advocacy, workers’ rights, corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle and technology communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 Best PR Firm in America by Observer more than once (2022; 2018), PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE STRATEGIC CAMPAIGNS TEAM
The Strategic Campaigns team works with labor unions, advocacy organizations, nonprofits, leaders in arts and culture, partners in film and entertainment, philanthropic foundations and others focused on racial and economic justice. We help mission-driven leaders and organizations tell their stories and advance change. We work on campaigns led by working people across the economy who are fighting to raise pay, win or protect the right to a union and make sure our economy works for everyone. We help workers take on some of the largest, most powerful corporations and fight back against an economic and political system stacked in favor of the wealthy. Our work helps improve the lives of families and communities, with a particular focus on communities of color, and takes aim at the economic and political inequality that threatens our democracy.
The Inclusive Tech team within Strategic Campaigns works closely with clients across sectors to amplify advocacy campaigns and promote brand awareness for partners who share our aim to make the internet a safe, inclusive and fair space for all. We hold a unique vantage point on the ever-changing landscape of emerging technologies and internet oversight because we simultaneously partner with leading for-profit tech companies and advocacy organizations calling to reform them.
We are deeply versed in the responsible tech news of the day and maintain close relationships with the thought leaders, reporters and influencers who are shaping the 24/7 media narrative. We help our clients take on some of the largest, most powerful tech corporations and other entities to advocate for safe and equitable outcomes for historically marginalized communities. We also work on integrated campaigns deeply rooted in racial equity, corporate accountability and social impact.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Account Executive with experience in the tech environment and with an interest in content moderation, anti-trust, data privacy, bias in A.I, and biometrics software to join our team. We are looking for a strategist with a personal commitment to racial, economic and social justice who has a passion for advancing progressive social change. This individual should have experience translating complex themes into familiar concepts and a track record of building relationships with reporters and managing and executing integrated campaigns.
Role location: This role is available on a remote basis within the United States or within one of our offices (New York, N.Y., Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles, CA) on Eastern Time. On an optional basis, our New York, N.Y. and Washington, D.C. offices are currently open to staff. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Account Executive on the Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Drive the day-to-day on projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters across a myriad advocacy issues
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- 3-4+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, project management, journalism or a related field
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly around internet privacy, content moderation, algorithms, worker’s rights, culture, economic and racial justice
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details and communicating clearly internally
- Spanish language fluency
- Existing reporter relationships
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $70,000
- Role cap: $80,000
Effective January 1, 2023, the salary range for this position will be:
- Starting minimum: $80,000
- Role cap: $95,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Effective January 1, 2023, all incoming staff will receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role