Role: Communications Lead
Where: Remote / San Carlos, CA
Commitment: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Salary DOE (plus benefits)
Beyond Type 1 is seeking a Communications Lead to oversee the organization’s internal and external communications efforts. The Communications Lead will oversee the strategy and development of organization-wide communication efforts including brand positioning, earned media, project-based strategic copywriting, and thought leadership opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and manage strategic communications materials including organization announcements, mission statements, executive communications, and announcement plans in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Proactively identify and pitch external opportunities for brand inclusion and storytelling, manage media relationships with journalists, editors, and other thought leaders
- Thought leadership around overall brand positioning and related communications
- Manage quarterly communications calendars integrating major announcements, events, and programming from across the organization
- Support communications strategy and write copy in collaboration with internal and external team members for major projects and new initiatives
- Oversee media training, speaking prep, and messaging for organization staff and spokespeople
Manage external communications consultants/agency relationships
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted communications strategist and leader
- Experience planning and writing a range of strategic communications materials
- Media experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to both lead and work within a team
- Well organized, flexible, and highly collaborative
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Lead.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.
About Beyond Type 1: Beyond Type 1 is a nonprofit organization changing what it means to live with diabetes. By leveraging the power of social media and technology, Beyond Type 1 empowers people to both live well today and support a better tomorrow. Through peer support programs, global campaigns, and digital platforms, Beyond Type 1 is uniting the global diabetes community across both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, helping to change what it means to live with chronic illness.