The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a non-profit, non-partisan research organization, conducts rigorous analyses of tax and economic proposals and provides recommendations to shape tax policy. ITEP’s influential staff works with policymakers and partners to research, support, and develop tax policies that reduce inequality and fund public services. Our unique microsimulation model builds an understanding of who pays taxes across income, race, and geography at the state and federal levels. Our research helps steer the debate about how taxing high corporate and individual income will enable public investment, enhance economic and racial equity, and improve lives.
This role will disseminate ITEP’s research to a wide variety of audiences across multiple channels, including the ITEP website, social media, mass emails, webinars, videos, and other digital and visual collateral. The associate must have proofreading skills and pay close attention to details. Project management skills are a plus.
To be hired at the associate level, a minimum of three years of professional experience is required. For the manager level, a minimum of six years of professional experience is required. Currently, all staff has the flexibility to work remotely due to COVID-19 health protocols. We are open to local and remote candidates.
- Graphic design, including laying out short reports on ITEP templates, designing long reports and fundraising materials, visualizing data in easy-to-understand graphs, creating graphics and other visuals for social media.
- Maintain website: ITEP’s website is built on Word Press. The associate/manager has primary responsibility for ensuring the website is updated, including posting content and making recommendations for updates and changes. HTML skills are not required for this position but are a plus.
- Social media: Manage ITEP’s Twitter and Facebook accounts, including posting daily content. Explore and establish ITEP on other social media platforms.
- Electronic communications: Write and disseminate ITEP newsletters via Constant Contact.
- Videos: Use online subscription services and other tools to create short, compelling explainer videos.
- Project manage ITEP’s occasional webinars, including creating and disseminating promotional materials and managing the technology/platform used to hold the webinar.
- Other duties as assigned.
For the associate level, candidates should have:
- Graphic design skills and experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of WordPress or another website system and experience posting to and updating websites.
- Experience managing social media accounts in a professional capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years of experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
To qualify for the manager level, candidates must have all the above skills and:
- Experience using analytics (Google, website, social media, CRM, etc.) to determine best practices for digital communications
- Demonstrated experience building audiences, including boosting website traffic, increasing social media following, and building email lists, and/or improving open rates.
- Ability to work with researchers and make proactive recommendations on how to visually present data.
- Ability to summarize complex policy and write e-mail communications, video scripts, website content, social media posts, and annual newsletter with minimal supervision.
- Experience creating and implementing content calendars in support of ITEP’s broader communications strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of six years of experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for the creative and digital associate is $54,000-$63,000, and for the creative and digital manager is $65,000-$76,000, depending on experience. ITEP also provides excellent benefits effective on start date. These include:
- 100 percent of the premium for health and dental insurance for you and your family members.
- 403 (B) plan to which ITEP contributes 10 percent of employee’s salary.
- All federal holidays plus Election Day and the period between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Employees may take paid leave for vacation and sick time at their discretion with advance notice and approval.
- ITEP provides 12 weeks of paid parental leave. After five years of consecutive employment at ITEP, the staff is eligible for a six-week paid sabbatical.
To apply: Send your resume, a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and your interest in working at ITEP, and two or three samples of graphic design work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “creative and digital associate/manager” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We will begin screening applications immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled.
The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace. We strongly encourage all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.