A full-service media agency, UM strives to Futureproof our clients’ businesses through our relentless pursuit of better science, art and outcomes. Founded in 1999, UM is made up of entrepreneurially-minded strategists, planners, researchers, investment experts, decision scientists, account executives, and content and activation specialists—over 4,800 employees across 130 offices in over 100 countries around the world. A part of IPG Mediabrands, UM’s global headquarters are in New York, with six additional US offices in Birmingham, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco. UM's vision to Futureproof our clients for today, tomorrow, and beyond wouldn’t be possible without our Better People.
UM’s culture is an inclusive one, where people belong and are encouraged to bring their full selves to the office, and where personal and professional growth are a priority of every member of the team. UM’s Executive Leadership Team is dedicated to building a culture that permeates every element of the company, from work flexibility, to career planning and regular talent reviews, to an active culture club. They proudly uphold the following values: Courage: Our courage to take risks drives our ability to set new industry standards. Curiosity: Our relentless curiosity drives relentless innovation. Commitment: Our commitment to uncovering better opportunities for our clients and our community is at the heart of everything we do. Community: We pride ourselves on fostering a community where everyone can belong while actively giving back to the communities in which we live. Caring: We care about being a diverse agency where everyone feels motivated and supported. Candor: Our candor through open and constructive dialogue ensures better outcomes for our people and our clients. As a company, UM is constantly pushing to improve, under their Better Science, Better Art, Better Outcomes banner, striving to set the bar in the ever-evolving media landscape. Their efforts have yielded a number of new business wins recently including Aetna, American Express, Columbia Sportswear, Gallo Wine, Henkel, and Quicken Loans.
Description & Requirements
We are looking for you - dynamic, best-in-class talent - to join the UM team as a Senior Associate, Integrated Media. In this role you will assist in the media planning and buying process and help take digital media to the next level. As a Senior Associate, Integrated Media you will create, innovate and guide the planning and activation process for some of the world’s leading consumer brands. This opportunity will accelerate your career in media, providing a platform to extend your expertise across all media types and the holistic campaign lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and manage media plans across all channels, including TV, Radio, and Digital
- Assist in development of media plans including, but not limited to evaluating RFP submissions and negotiating pricing, costing out TV/Radio, running R/Fs etc.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation, optimization, and performance of campaign activities including authorizations, budgets, and the reconciliation process
- Monitor and assess ongoing campaign performance
- Effectively manage time and responsibilities in regard to deadlines and client needs
- Accommodate ad hoc responsibilities and evolving job duties
- Analyze and present competitive data
- Mentor Associates and provide opportunities for continued growth
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of media experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with campaign management/ad serving technology and third-party market research tools such as: MRI, Simmons, SRDS, Prisma, Media Tools, ComScore, Nielsen Ad Intel
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task multiple, competing priorities, and projects through strong time management and organization
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email