Kaplow is looking for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to support several accounts in its Lifestyle practice. A Senior Account Executive is essential in driving the successful execution of client programs and managing junior staff. The SAE will have daily interaction with the client, take an advanced role in the preparation of communications plans for clients and is expected to consistently deliver superior media relations results for clients.
- Three plus years of public relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business or related discipline.
- Relationships with women’s, consumer, parenting and/or lifestyle media.
- Proactivity, resourcefulness and tenacity in problem-solving.
- Initiative and strategic planning skills.
- Leadership skills that inspire the confidence of supervisors, clients, direct reports and colleagues.
- Develop and co-manage/manage directly assigned campaigns.
- Exhibit proactivity in proposing and developing/implementing new program strategies and tactics for clients to support evolving client needs.
- Gain and maintain client confidence in ability to both execute and anticipate issues requiring strategic input.
- Know when issues arise and when to escalate either internally or with client to control problematic outcomes.
- Regularly research and seek understanding of corporate and current relevant market/industry trends.
- Control spokesperson relationships on behalf of clients.
- Serve as liaison/agency representative with outside vendors.
- Run meetings and conference calls, speaking frequently and with confidence; able to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Identify opportunities to improve client service and satisfaction.
Media Relations and Strategy Development and Influencer Relations
- Demonstrate ability to write nuanced press releases, pitch letters, client memos and other materials with minimal editing from supervisors.
- Develop media strategies for products/companies/concepts that are objective-based, results-driven and aggressively opportunistic.
- Know how to change direction when a media strategy isn’t working or the situation changes.
- Consistently secure media coverage (both item and feature placements) that meets client objectives.
- Establish and build strong relationships with key consumer and trade media important to your clients.
- Identify new media targets in all categories and outlets.
- Manage press events for efficiency and results.
- Regularly research and seek understanding of lifestyle and consumer marketplace trends.
Performance Management and Staff Development
- Meet and communicate with supervisors on a regular basis to ensure that your coaching, prioritization, problem solving and resource needs are being met. (Managing up).
- Manage one or more employees.
- Meet regularly with reports to provide coaching, direction, delegate assignments, address issues/concerns/ workloads of employees supervised.
- Demonstrate an understanding of budget management as relevant to your account(s).
- Support senior staff with various projects and activities.
New Business Development
- Keep current on what is happening in the overall PR industry via regular monitoring of PR and related industry trade media.
- Network on behalf of the agency.
- Participate in new business activities for team and other departments at the agency.
Administrative and Report Writing
- Actively participate in weekly and as needed team meetings.
- Develop and maintain budget trackers and reports.
- Compile and write reports as required.
- Satisfy all deadlines and meet regularly with supervisors to provide status updates on assigned responsibilities.
- Handle work that falls outside of your official job description, when necessary, including temporary assignments involving other accounts.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits, including:
• Generous paid time off (30+ days)
• Summer schedule
• Paid lunches
• Medical, dental, vision, commuter, and fitness benefits
• Retirement plan (including an employer match)
• Paid parental leave
• Nondiscretionary bonuses