Position: Social Media Manager
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Who we are:
dick clark productions (“dcp”), a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming, including awards shows, specials, and reality series,
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to join the forward thinking marketing and social team, to lead the strategy and execution of social media campaigns around our live, tent-pole events, such as the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, New Year’s Rockin’ Eve and more. dcp is a division of MRC, a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction, as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Brand Strategy and Digital, and is based in Beverly Hills, CA. Candidates must be located in the Los Angeles area.
What you’ll do:
The Social Media Manager runs all of our owned and operated accounts and manages all social needs for partners, sponsors and talent surrounding each event. As a key member of the team, the Manager will work hand in hand with the entire marketing and social as well as the creative content teams to assist with crafting and organizing social content for each of our unique brands. The ideal candidate is a skilled creative writer who understands the importance of collaboration and thrives in high-energy situations.
- - Strategize the social media campaigns for the owned and operated accounts, partners and sponsors surrounding each of our tent-pole events
- - Develop the social content calendars for our owned and operated accounts including writing copy and daily publishing across social media platforms
- - Work directly with external partners and provide essential assets needed to promote our shows
- - Proof and provide feedback on all social assets created for owned and operated accounts, talent and partners
- - Monitor mentions, identify social buzz, and help ideate content that will support key social KPIs
- - Oversee the organization, upkeep and execution of various content plans for different talent, partners and sponsors
- - Craft copy that is creative, grammatically correct and contextual to the platform and subject matter
- - Ensure consistency to brand standards and brand voice
- - Assist the creative team in developing content strategies for a variety of brand and/or advertiser initiatives
- - Manage multiple projects simultaneously, and pay close attention to detail
- - Help coordinate asset distribution to talent, partners and sponsors
- - Constantly search for the latest creative + social trends
- - Oversee a team of social publishers during live events
- - Assist in gathering analytics and re-capping various initiatives
Your Experience and Qualifications :
- - 2-4 years of relevant experience as social media manager
- - Proven track record of using social media to increase brand awareness and engagement (interactions, followers, etc.)
- - In-depth pop-culture knowledge and interest in music and television entertainment
- - Strong sense of social media platforms, trends and best practices
- - Excellent written and oral communication skill
- - Highly organized person who works well under pressure
- - Creative curiosity and the ability to collaborate with team members
- - Commitment to excellence, working nonstandard hours when necessary
- - An enthusiastic Google Doc user
- - Team player with positive, proactive, problem solving attitude
- - Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes “Ozark” on Netflix, “The Great” on Hulu, the upcoming Amazon series “The Terminal List” starring Chris Pratt and for Apple TV+ “The Shrink Next Door” starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and “Shining Girls” starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the “Golden Globe Awards,” “Academy of Country Music Awards,” the “American Music Awards,” the “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Streamy Awards,” and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series “So You Think You Can Dance.”
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, “Ted,” the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated “Knives Out,” written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated “Baby Driver,” Oscar winning “Babel,” and the comedy “The Lovebirds,” directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes; Edgar Wright’s debut documentary feature “Sparks Brothers” about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; as well as “The Last Rider,” which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety,Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC’s data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com
Please submit your application materials here: https://mrc.applytojob.com/apply/rHUiKsFEFK/Social-Media-Manager-Dick-Clark-Productions