From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated the rich tradition of coffee, but that also brought a feeling of connection. Driven by our mission and values, Starbucks prides itself on being a great place to work where partners can act with purpose.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by supporting the International Public Affairs team in leading integration to promote and protect the Starbucks brand globally. Focus areas include: identifying proactive storytelling opportunities and integration for International business segment, lead global communications strategy and implementation for channel development business, managing global relationships and executive thought leadership, connecting Starbucks international planet-positive and people-positive narratives to enterprise strategies, and driving the development of Global Public Affairs standards and compliance through ongoing cross-functional collaboration.
This role requires a high level of organization, excellent writing and cultural empathy. A successful candidate thrives in a complex and dynamic global work environment. This individual should have a passion for international news, sustainability and social impact and be a team player with an exceptional work ethic. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a senior manager, you will…
- Work with regional teams to develop and implement annual and long-term communications strategies and narratives across international retail markets and channel development aligned to the enterprise
- Coordinate Public Affairs integration across cross-functional teams to contribute to the global news agenda and ongoing assessment of key learnings
- Lead and coordinate the cross-functional working group of partners to drive regional sustainability and social impact initiatives to ensure streamlined, efficient and accurate processes
- Build and maintain trusted global relationships with business partners and identify opportunities to elevate executive engagement
- Drive the development of Global Public Affairs standards and compliance
- Support ongoing content development and editing for Starbucks Stories international platforms
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Ability to organize and manage cross-functional efforts and lead to demonstrated results
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with an ability to work both independently and inter-dependently with large diverse teams
- Demonstrated project management experience, with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and finding creative solutions to complex challenges
- Knowledge and experience in working across geographies with multiple stakeholders and influencers
- Strong writing and copyediting skills, with experience in short-form narrative and editorial journalism
- Experience with database management, mastery of PowerPoint and WordPress preferred
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com