Location: SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington D.C. and New York. Remote in most locations outside of SF and NY
Outcast is an integrated marketing agency specializing in digital, communications, and creative. Do you crave purpose in your work? Are you hellbent on finding new ways to do things? If so, then join us. We’re looking for storytellers, thinkers, experts, strategists, writers, and artists to help us shape the brands who shape the future.
The Senior Account Executive, Communications at Outcast plays a key role in building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and media, creating and executing strategic plans and managing daily account needs. To succeed in this role, individuals should have a leadership mindset with the ability to oversee and mentor junior members of the team, in addition to driving results for clients, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated and able to anticipate team and client needs
- Excited by the ever-changing media landscape and eager to secure earned media placements
- Dedicated to delivering excellent quality work to clients
- A clear communicator with the ability to digest and clearly explain difficult topics
- A strategic thinker that is able to map recommendations to client goals
- A proven multitasker with the ability to manage multiple teams, levels and deadlines at once, asking for support, as needed
- An empathetic, supportive mentor to junior teammates
What You’ll Do:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execute strategic programs, projects, and initiatives that advance clients’ communications objectives, providing counsel to help direct junior staff
- Support team leads to manage client relationship, providing day-to-day client support and counsel; ensuring all deadlines and client expectations are met
- Write and review content and media materials, including presentations, plans, and pitches; review and provide feedback on draft work from junior team members
- Assist with media strategy development, keeping a pulse on industry and competitor news to develop proactive story ideas and pitch angles
- Identify and secure media opportunities for clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters, event organizers, and industry peers
- Conduct media training and prep with clients, as well as client messaging and positioning and message/narrative development, as needed
- Attend and staff conferences, interviews and other client opportunities
- Oversee and mentor junior team members with a focus on growth and development; Provide timely and constructive feedback to teammates, as needed
- Assist with onboarding new team members
- Actively participate in pursuing new business for the agency; support proposal and pitch research
- Represent agency and/or clients at key industry events
What You’ll Need:
- B.S. in Communications or Marketing, B.A. in English, Journalism or related, advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of public relations, media relations, corporate communications experience (can be combined)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Proficient in media tools such as Cision, Meltwater, Trendkite, etc.
- Experience supervising individuals and basic project management
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interest in media and storytelling
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong background in media relations
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.