HelpGood is a full-service marketing and communications agency focused on advancing social good. We help nonprofits, foundations and purpose-driven organizations make a lasting social impact. HelpGood’s offices are in Los Angeles and NYC. We are certified as a Disabled Owned Business Enterprise and as an LGBT Business Enterprise.
We’ve worked with leading organizations across a variety of social causes and campaigns including animal welfare, diversity and inclusion, the environment, education, human rights, physical and mental health, social justice, and women’s rights. Our clients include leading local and national nonprofits, foundations, government agencies, philanthropists and corporate social responsibility teams like the Ad Council, United Way, Planned Parenthood, data.org, DisabilityIN, NYU, Valor, Housing Works, Animal League America, and the longest-running public service campaign in history, Smokey Bear.
Our marketing and communications work includes crafting campaigns, amplifying messages, creating awareness, inspiring action and cultivating sustainable movements that create social impact at scale.
This position will work on multiple client engagements so you will need to be detail focused and effective at project management to stay on track.
This role is based in Los Angeles – work from home with some in-person meetings, complying to COVID-19 guidelines – and reports to a Marketing Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Our work focuses on digital platforms, so you will particularly be charged with:
- Social – editorial calendar management, content creation and curation, influencer outreach and engagement, publishing, event, real-time engagement, community management
- Email – managing ongoing campaigns
- Site – content updates, conversion optimization, oversee commerce/donations, rebuild and redesign oversight, rebranding oversight
- Paid/donated media – Planning and managing across social, search, remarketing, display, programmatic and other emerging media platforms
- Track results metrics across all digital platforms, producing summary reports, developing insights and optimizing tactics
- Perform general office duties regarding your client work, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related area
- 1-2 years of related experience in an agency environment
- Professional maturity is a must as is the ability to persuade and motivate target audiences through written materials, social media and in presentations.
- Experience in advertising, community relations, digital marketing, social media, digital media planning and buying, and a proven ability to successfully manage communications projects
- Experience with digital collaboration tools like G Suite and Basecamp
- Experience with WordPress and/or Drupal.
- Experience with paid media platforms, search and social ad publishing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and engaging style and demeanor, with strong motivation and professionalism
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker who manage challenges effectively
- Strong interest in social issues
- Partially subsidized Health, Dental and Vision options.
- Voluntary Disability Insurance options.
- Company-Sponsored $10,000 Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Health Advocate membership that provides unlimited, confidential access to a dedicated consultant (known as a Personal Health Advocate) to help you resolve healthcare and insurance-related issues.
- 401K plan with 4% non-elective Company contribution.
- Discretionary performance-based bonuses.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (that increases with longer retention, up to 15 maximum).
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additional vacation/flex-time between Christmas & New Year’s.
- Paid personal/sick days.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Annual $500 professional development stipend.
- Monthly $100 tech/communications stipend.
- $15/month in ClassPass fitness contribution.
- New client bonus (2.5% of any non-inbound client during the first year we work with them).
- For NYC, based employees, 50% contribution on Citi Bike membership.
- Dog-friendly office in LA close to the Grove and Farmers Market.
- Satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
HelpGood believes that we produce better outcomes when there is a diversity of voices, people and experiences involved in doing the work. We hope you share those values and would help to continually cultivate your curiosity in the world and in others both at work and outside of work as most of our work is focused on creating a more equitable, inclusive and safe world for all.Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles