To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Develops strategies for consistent public relations and event activities with measurable increases in employee, customer and public engagement. Notable emphasis on increasing share of voice online.
- Protects the MACU brand.
- Develops strategic business contacts. Increases awareness, business development opportunities, and share of voice in all communities.
- Develops financial literacy presentations and curriculum and presents to members and general public as assigned.
- Develops strategic business plans to drive new business from identified audiences.
- Achieves established goals for annual earned media, pr campaigns, media campaign objectives, as well as communication campaigns and event ROIs which directly impact the bottom line.
- Provides monthly reporting and analysis of on- and offline metrics; campaign ROIs and recommendations for revising PR plans to increase performance.
- Serves as spokesperson with media as assigned.
- Implements new and creative strategies to meet the credit unions goals and objectives.
- Ensures compliance, integrity and security of organization’s off and online reputation as it appears in media.
- Researches and analyzes current industry best practices and tools to recommend enhancements to the current plans.
- Writes press releases and articles as requested.
- Manages organizational projects and internal/external relationships to effectively serve the organization’s media/event needs.
- Researches media and event opportunities which ensure Mountain America’s ongoing positive public image in the media.
- Successfully pitches and places press releases and feature stories
- Administers the NEFE High school Financial Planning Program in the Credit Union’s communities; teaches classes in local High Schools as needed.
Coordinates all community, member and employee involvement related to charitable activities.
Ensures all community outreach aligns with MACUs overall efforts and strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Five to Seven years of similar or related experience
Three to five years of credit union experience and seven years of management experience
Broad understanding of media usage and purpose, how to engage with the media to tell Mountain America’s story.
Extensive knowledge of the credit union or banking industry and how to promote MACU within that industry.
Extensive knowledge of online platforms and tools as related to social media.
Extensive knowledge of communication, online and campaigns metrics.
Demonstrated ability to speak and write professionally
Demonstrated community commitment and involvement.
Bachelors in Public Relations/Communications or related field.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
Advanced skills with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Has managerial responsibility for media and PR team. Policies and practices usually implemented through subordinate managers/supervisors. Has supervisory/managerial responsibilities that are direct or through work leaders or assistants, typically with a subordinate group of 1 to 3 employees. Estimates personnel needs and assigns work to meet these needs. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of assigned staff. Recommends candidates for employment, conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff, and applies company policy.
Other Skills and Abilities
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONS
Ability to sit, talk, and hear consistently
Ability to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or reach occasionally
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally
There are no unusual environmental factors (such as a typical office)
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)