Location: New York, New York Washington D.C., District Of Columbia Chicago, Illinois Tampa, Florida Dallas, Texas Austin, Texas San Francisco, California Costa Mesa, California Los Angeles, California Miami, Florida
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Our business combines 10 verticals globally, focused on deep industry knowledge with a number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. Our specialist areas work together in seven Innovation + Creative Hubs around the world.
We would like to appoint and SVP, Digital Planning + Optimization to become an accelerant and further catalyst for development of our Innovation + Creative Hub in NY, being part of the team that turns this in to a leading creative, strategic and innovation center of excellence for our clients & the network.
SVP, Digital Planning + Optimization
The growth of our Digital Planning + Optimization group is a result of exciting, ever-evolving client needs; we’re being asked for agile, integrated support in this area that aligns to our content and creative offers.
For the past three years this has become a more robust offer, with many of the technical frameworks and processes defined and tested. Now, we’re at a pivotal moment of growth; briefs are more complex, greater in volume and in spend, and we are looking for a leader to join us and take this team to the next level.
From mining strong client relationships alongside Sector teams, answering briefs with innovation techniques and strategies, and growing the team in a way that represents a vision for the future; we are looking for a seasoned leader who wants to elevate an already-successful team, with a focus on commercial and capability growth.
- Curious, creative and proactive
- Smart, direct and a clear communicator
- An optimist that’s calm under pressure
- Attention-to-detail obsessive
- Fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of working
- Working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Bring a deep knowledge of how to engage audiences across the digital consumer journey tying directly back to business objectives, from awareness-driving to engagement through to purchase
- Understand the connection and impact of elements of your strategy including web, search, social, influencer, programmatic, display, direct site partnerships and more
- Develop comprehensive Digital Planning + Optimization strategies that incorporate industry best practices and integrated planning with the rest of our H+K teams
- Lead, inspire and grow your team, acting as a mentor for your group – and those across the agency
- Act as go-to client counsel for your specialism, and co-lead with our Sector teams where relevant
- Evolve and improve our standards, systems and best practices for digital planning + optimization strategies, including their maintenance including real time development.
- Work closely with our Content + Publishing team to develop integrated plans that truly reflect best practice across both specialisms
- In conjunction with our Data + Analytics team, define new way to help measure the ROI of our digital campaigns, define KPI’s and implement measurement and reporting methods to gauge success for client campaigns
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behavior and champion stand-out work
- Be an act member of our Innovation + Creative leadership team, driving
- Work well within collaborative, integrated teams, displaying a proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solution of complex problems
- Have exceptional proposal writing and presentation skills
- Act as H+K spokesperson, participate in thought leadership opportunities, speaking opportunities and more
- 10-12 years of Digital Planning + Optimization within an agency environment or agency adjacent environment
- Proven experience building and managing a team
- Proven experience in expanding the revenue and commercial value of client & projects
- Previous client-facing account management experience in public relations or associated disciplines, specifically in digital planning + optimization for global or multi-market accounts
- Proven portfolio of partnerships, vendors and key technologies
- Experience of working within a communications or communications-adjacent agency to create a strong visual style for presenting data is highly desirable