An award-winning, holistic communications agency dedicated to cultivating brand identities, Kaplow partners with our clients to exceed their objectives. For 30 years, Kaplow has helped consumers fall in love with brands. We do this by garnering unique insight into our clients’ audiences, and then creating an emotional connection between consumer and brand through storytelling across traditional and digital channels. The result is a connection that changes the conversation and activates new behaviors.
Kaplow is looking for an Account Supervisor to work on some of our most exciting Beauty accounts. We are looking a hybrid candidate that has a passion for both traditional PR/media relations and the influencer marketing industry.
The primary focus of the role is to drive forward key programming and provide tactical counsel to clients. The position requires the ability to manage and execute on a variety of projects and maintain campaign deadlines and timelines. The ideal candidate will be able to strategically apply client knowledge and industry insights to generate creative ideas and program recommendations.
An Account Supervisor is an account manager, responsible for the daily client and program management on one or more accounts. The AS position is an introduction to management: program management, client management and supporting team member management. An AS is involved with program planning and budgeting, responsible for efficiently managing client business and expectations and is held accountable for meeting client business objectives.
While NYC area candidates are preferred, this role allows for flexible in-office/remote schedule.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Senior Account Director level and above
- 5-6 years of influencer marketing/beauty PR experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, or related discipline.
- Solid leadership skills that inspire the confidence of supervisors, clients, direct reports and colleagues.
- Presentation skills and ability to comfortably participate in client meetings.
- Self-motivated attitude with a strong drive for excellence.
- Solid understanding of the ever-changing influencer marketing landscape.
- Established relationships with key media and industry partners in the Beauty space (influencer platforms, management agencies), editors, influencers/experts and content creators.
- Hands-on experience with PR/media pitching and relationship-building.
- Superior negotiation and contracting skills with influencer partners and agents.
- Passion for data-backed approach to creative pitching, influencer vetting and reporting
- Proven track record of successfully securing media placements.
- Proven track record of both paid and earned influencer executions.
- Passion for beauty and experience working with beauty and/or retail clients.
- Act as primary client contact for PR and influencer executions.
- Provide client with informed and insightful counsel.
- Proactively trouble-shoot and communicate all client/program issues with senior team lead and client.
- Set clear/actionable objectives at the start of each program and communicate influencer measurement updates throughout campaign execution.
Strategy and Integrated Program Development
- Draft PR program and influencer recommendations for existing clients; identify and “solve” when that strategy isn’t working or the situation changes.
- Develop reasonable timelines and project manage campaign activations.
- Hungry to seek out the newest social media platforms, influencer marketing best practices and marketplace trends, including up-and-coming influencer personalities and key editors.
- Write positioning statements, press releases, pitch letters, client memos and other materials with little to no editing from supervisors.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with influencers, experts/dermatologists and key media contacts within the beauty category.
- Consistently secure media coverage (both item and feature placements) that meets client objectives.
- Develop strategic influencer criteria and lead influencer identification efforts.
- Maintain relationships with influencer agents, managers and vendor partners.
- Manage program expenses and budget.
- Experience with Creator IQ and other social tools a plus.
Performance Management and Staff Development
- Meet and communicate with supervisors on a regular basis to ensure that coaching, prioritization, problem-solving and resource needs are being met.
- Demonstrate an understanding of budget management.
- Seek out educational opportunities (conferences, trainings and webinars) to expand industry knowledge.
- Schedule and participate in agency-hosted influencer meet & greets.
New Business Development
- Keep current on what is happening in the overall influencer/PR industry via regular monitoring of industry trade media, identifying key marketplace advancements for clients and opportunities for growth for the agency.
- As needed, participate in new business and program development activities.
Administrative and Report Writing
- Draft and compile client updates, influencer performance reports, measurement recaps, etc.
- Develop and maintain budget trackers and reports.
- Run meetings related to influencer programming.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits, including:
• Generous paid time off (30+ days)
• Summer schedule
• Paid lunches
• Medical, dental, vision, commuter, fitness and Seamless+ benefits
• Retirement plan (including an employer match)
• Paid parental leave
• Nondiscretionary bonuses