At Ariel, we strongly believe that teamwork yields results—which is why we have Co-CEOs. John Rogers and Mellody Hobson share a desire to cultivate leaders who are curious, focused and disciplined. We are nimble and efficient. Our drive is fanatical and intentional. Everyone plays their position and each contribution is critical to our firm’s success. We seek subject matter experts who are unapologetically themselves. We encourage our employees to reach their full potential and we give them the runway to do so.
After nearly four decades of active investing, we remain committed to our clients, our teammates and our community. We strive to be best-in-class investors and pioneer a path for those who entrust us with their financial future.
The Creative Associate is an essential part of the integrated Communications practice within Ariel. This role would be critical to maintaining the integrity of the Ariel brand across all streams of internal and external communications. The successful candidate for this role provides support to the Creative team within the Communications function, while also serving the broader group across marketing, media relations, digital communications, stakeholder communications, community affairs, and events. We rely on this individual for designing collateral across print and digital; supporting quarterly reporting needs; helping maintain our website; design proofing of stakeholder materials; assisting with the creation of social media assets; reporting visual assets and project managing initiatives where needed.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design marketing collateral
- Support quarterly reporting needs, both in layout and content as well as managing the administrative process for quarterly and annual mailings
- Help maintain website on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Conduct research to inform broader communications strategy
- Maintain our annual calendar on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Design proofing of stakeholder materials (e.g. newsletters, client communications, employee communications, thought leadership content, event invitations)
- Assist with the creation of social media assets
- Support project management needs where appropriate
- Maintain the integrity of Ariel branding on all platforms on an ongoing basis
- Acts as a liaison to our transfer agent to meet the quarterly fund correspondence requirements
- Responsible for maintaining invoice allocations for marketing expenses related to the funds
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 (ideally 2-4) years of experience preferably at a communications, branding, marketing, or advertising agency or in-house at a financial services or professional services firm
- Prior experience in contributing design solutions that have a high visual impact and maintain the organization’s brand standards
- Track record of successfully project managing initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability of working collaboratively across levels and functions
- Known as a partner who thinks outside the box
- Experienced in remaining calm in crisis situations
- Proven to be a detail oriented, organized and efficient multitasker
- Established understanding of advanced graphic design mechanisms such as: live tracing, pen tool, clipping masks, and manipulating imagery and typography
- Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
CompetenciesAction Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Comfort Around Higher Management - Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can draft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.