For questions contact: Recruiter Albert Gonzalez, email@example.com. Follow this link to apply: https://lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs/job?jobid=R-63180
At Expedia Group, we believe our people are our greatest asset. And we're passionate about empowering our 18,000 Expedians around the world to achieve our mission of powering global travel for everyone, everywhere.
That’s why we’re looking for an outstanding internal communications professional to join our B2B divisional communications team. This is a global role working with colleagues who focus on building and maintaining relationships with our wide range of B2B travel partners and clients, including global hotel chains, single homeowners, banks, large airlines, activity providers, destination marketing organizations and more.
Does this sound like you?
You have a natural flair for communication, combined with experience of developing and implementing internal communication programs. You understand the principles of employee engagement and ensuring communications achieve the desired effect, and you’re comfortable using that knowledge to advise and support colleagues across the business. In particular, you understand how to gain the trust and respect of senior leaders, and you’re confident in your ability to consult on internal communications best practice and shape the route forward to achieve demonstrable results.
You’re a curious, nimble and driven puzzle solver who brings people along in the journey through collaboration, vision-setting, clarity of purpose, authenticity and positivity. You feel comfortable with dynamic working environments and have the ability to manage overlapping projects with tight deadlines and evolving requirements.
You know how to develop a robust internal communications strategy, and the tactics required to bring that to life. You’re a strong writer with a flair for capturing attention and stimulating change through the power of great content, whether that's written materials, videos or imagery, and you can spot a typo at a hundred paces when proofing others’ work.
You enjoy working in a team that spans multiple countries and time zones, and collaborating to achieve shared goals, while being self-motivated and able to identify and maximize opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and develop appropriate communication strategies and plans
- Building relationships with senior leaders and helping them connect with employees and stimulate mindset and behavior shifts
- Helping to define strategic narratives and bring those to life for employees through creative communication activities
- Producing compelling content, including copywriting, to achieve defined business goals
- Supporting, coaching and developing junior team members
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of internal communications and making recommendations for change as appropriate
Who you are:
- At least seven years in a communications role, with some specialist internal communications experience - travel and/or tech industry experience preferred but not essential
- Confident working closely with executives and leaders, particularly in innovative, fast-moving environments
- An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills both in-person and virtually
- Ability to translate technical, complex processes and information into simple, clear communications
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and joining the dots to design simple solutions that cut through and attract attention
- Track record of using data to inform decision-making
- Results focused, with strong analytical and reporting skills and the motivation to drive for improvements
- Adept at working independently and taking the initiative while staying aligned with broader goals and ways of working
- Willing team player, capable of cross functional collaboration - experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
- Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
- Willingness to jump in on an array of projects as requested; eager to learn new skills
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.