Account Director, Brand Strategy (Los Angeles)
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW’s commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you’ll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We’re committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQ+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
The Account Director, Brand Strategy will work with multiple agency partners to support cutting-edge integrated earned consumer campaigns for an F500 client. In this client-facing role, the Account Director will effectively leverage and mobilize agency resources (research, strategy, account teams, creative and analytics) to identify insights that create impactful campaigns. QSR, F&B and Hospitality experience is highly desired.
This is an opportunity to guide the strategic direction on high-visibility award-winning projects, and to develop innovative, culturally relevant Brand campaigns from an earned-first perspective.
- Provide strategy and insights to major consumer brands across an integrated agency model team
- Bring innovative and integrated thinking with a point of view to clients and teams-- ability to influence and persuade multiple audiences
- Key contributor to new and organic business development
- Effectively leverage and mobilize agency resources to develop impactful campaigns (research, strategy, creative and analytics)
- Ability to plan strategically at a global level and in conjunction with multiple internal and external agency partners.
- Build relationships with peers in industry and with other BCW lines of business.
- Proactively provide ideas to clients to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues.
- Bring an innovative, integrated and earned mindset to every aspect of the client’s business.
- Track record of growing accounts organically and participating in successful business pitches and delivering presentations.
- Motivate and develop staff demonstrating a commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Experience working on an integrated agency model team, with a focus on earned (and Integrated team/IMC experience).
- A deep understanding of client business and communications issues, and the ability to deliver smart, effective solutions in a high-velocity environment to leadership stakeholders
- QSR, F&B and/or Hospitality experience is a must – understanding how to drive earned media value for mass products
- Plugged into culture trends with an insatiable desire to uncover insights that impact clients and their stakeholders
- Passion for helping brands make a difference in the world and earn credit for it
- Keen understanding of influencer marketing
- Earned media successes with an interest in emerging media trends and Gen Z-specific media strategy
- Strong project management and proven ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments and identify, secure and employ resources needed to achieve results
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations and brand marketing
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee
More about BCW:
BCW, one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.