NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Internal Communications.
In this role, the successful candidate will develop and execute integrated communications on behalf of the Department of Nursing and the Chief Nursing Officer. In this position, you will be critical to building a narrative that advances Nursing's strategy, enhances employee engagement and informs the workforce. This position will be located in Midtown Manhattan with a dual report to the Senior Director, Internal Communications, within the Office of Communications and Marketing, and to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Partner closely with the Senior Director, Internal Communications, and the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) to develop internal communications strategies that position nursing and nurses as an integral part of NYU Langones health care delivery.
- Develop content for and manage communications vehicles, such as the editorial calendar, message map, nursing manager communications toolkits, digital content, and leadership communications
- Proactively identify new communications opportunities and develop programs to advance CNO goals
- Collaborate with CNOs leadership team and develop a deep understanding of the NYU Langone nursing organization and its priorities in order to deliver effective communications across all campuses and and practice locations.
- Write CNO leadership communications and collaborate on presentations, as needed
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues across the Office of Communications & Marketing (media services, branding team, internal and external communications) and Human Resources
- Ensure that all internal communications adhere to the institutions editorial standard
- Build and maintain relationships across the institution to enhance professional image of and support for internal communications, including participation in various committees
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-moving organization while maintaining an eye for accuracy and detail
- Additional responsibilities and projects as needed
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or English
5 years of corporate communications experience (including at least 2 years in internal communications); experience with multiple departments and a geographically dispersed employee population a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, OneDrive, and PowerPoint; SharePoint or similar intranet software; JungleMail or similar email communication tool
Experience with a digital workplace platform and an understanding of how to maximize their effectiveness
Possess excellent writing and editing skillsable to apply and adhere to editorial guidelines
Possess a proactive thinking and a continuous improvement mindset
Ability to translate complex topics into multi-faceted, understandable content
Highly change agile and willing to adapt
Strategic thinker with strong organizational skills, clear vision, an analytical mind, and results driven
Able to juggle multiple assignments and deliver high quality results in deadline driven culture
Ability to work in ambiguity and connect discrete pieces of information and understand how to fill in the gaps
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To Apply, please use this link: https://nyu.contacthr.com/91043053