We have an immediate opening in our DC office for a Public Relations Account Director with a focus on media relations to support Issue Advocacy - developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies for clients. For this role, you have your pulse on the latest activities on the Hill, you follow activists/organizers and their work from local communities to the world stage, and you understand how movements are built. As we enter a new political season, you’re excited about the possibilities to proactively advocate for progressive change. We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking news from the Beltway but knows how to communicate that work to voters across the country.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on social good & advocacy clients, they are also likely to touch other clients such as events, CSR and issue focused campaigns. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
- Overseeing the development of comprehensive communications campaigns, directing tactics that may incorporate PR, digital planning, creative content, and talent including traditional media, digital media and owned media.
- Distilling complicated policy efforts to mainstream consumer speak.
- Navigating complex/sensitive client issues with thoughtful counsel.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with reporters and relevant stakeholders.
- Leading client accounts, managing teams, and keeping management updated on progress or concerns.
- Conducting media trainings, regularly pitching media, and consistently bringing new ideas/tactics to the table.
- Partnering and collaborating with senior level colleagues throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Leading new business meetings and creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of current policies, social good movements and campaigns, PR, media relations, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
- Responding to client requests and ensuring requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.