FleishmanHillard’s Chicago office has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor with strong brand marketing and corporate reputation communications background to join our team.
This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on communications that integrate brand and reputation, as well as channels and platforms. This individual will oversee and execute programs entailing strategic planning, creative ideation, national/local/trade media relations strategy and execution, influencer marketing, event support, measurement and overall client/account management.
FleishmanHillard Chicago’s creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these companies every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between. And the great news for the right candidate is…we’re growing!
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, and manage work streams and teams on program execution, including material development and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with traditional and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop and manage communications programs that encompass consumer, business and industry media, influencer relations, digital communications and social media strategy.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, and planning documents.
- Drive programs that support thought leadership, executive positioning and awards and recognition.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with clients by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- Work with senior leadership to manage budgets and key engagements for an established and well-known client base, forecasting revenue and expenses accurately and making decisions to assure accounts run effectively and efficiently.
- The successful candidate must be highly detailed and organized, solutions oriented, results-driven, experienced in working with a cross-agency team, able to build and maintain strong client relationships and provide strategic counsel. In addition, clients should have:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of marketing experience gained in an agency or a corporate environment, with an emphasis on work that blends brand and reputation and includes media relations and influencer marketing. B2B and B2C food and nutrition experience is preferable but not mandatory.
- Strong creative thinking and planning, with demonstrated experience in executing programs and events against a variety of audiences.
- Advanced media relations strategy expertise ideally with consumer (food/nutrition and/or lifestyle) and business (food industry), with well-developed skills building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success. Candidate should have a polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively clients on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and executing strategic public relations plans on target and within budget.
- Highly developed project management skills with experience overseeing the work of small teams and integrating with multiple agency partners.
- Highly developed management skills with a proven track record providing leadership to junior staff.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Superior writing skills and proven creativity, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, bylined articles and presentations.
- Financial acumen with the experience and ability to manage client budgets.