Locations: Chicago or New York
FleishmanHillards creative team harnesses the collective power of creative, social, public relations and strategic marketing to produce business-changing ideas, magnetic stories and award-winning communications. We have an immediate opening for a Creative Director (CD) within our Health & Life Sciences practice to lead creative ideation, concepting, and art/copy direction as we develop fully integrated programs for one of the biggest health and pharma companies in the world. The Creative Director will report to the Global Group Creative Director and work directly with the Health & Life Science practice as well as our planning, research, media and production teams to execute clever and inspiring multi-channel campaigns that not only make an impact in patient and HCP communities, but also culture.
The Creative Director must work collaboratively across FleishmanHillard teams and offices and bring an innovative mindset to client work. This role will partner with our Global Client Leader and network of talented creatives to develop and execute cutting edge programs primarily for one of our largest Health & Life Sciences accounts. .
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Proactively drive and own the process to generate and sell-in creative, actionable and unique programs rooted in a clear idea and insight, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the client's business and its consumer/audience.
- Develop and present breakthrough creative ideas, executions, assets or other recommendations to senior-level clients and internal stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify key insights to help drive creative programming and ensure all concepts are on brief and align with client business goals.
- Act as a catalyst to generate and embrace diversity of ideas and thinking across the teams; bring a channel-agnostic approach to creativity, surfacing never-been-done-before technologies, tools, platforms to energize our work.
- Champion brand positioning at each point of communications, upholding standards of creative integrity and maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- Ensure the highest level of content quality, message consistency and integrity, and integration into other communication vehicles and processes.
- Foster strategic thinking within the team and consistently drive the team toward the highest possible caliber deliverables.
- Act as a strategic counselor for clients. Develop, contribute and present plans for integrated communications campaigns. Engage in consultative planning to meet business requirements and optimize the brand experience.
- Work with production teams to oversee the execution of campaigns and content.
- Work with account team to identify growth opportunities with current and prospective clients
- Work directly with the Global Group Creative Director to represent and grow the Creative capabilities within the Health and Life Sciences practice and FleishmanHillard.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in leading creative communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for clients; experience in health and healthcare.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver creative insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of brand initiatives.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary.
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (i.e., SEO, Paid Search, Paid Media).
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire teams of both creative, social, and strategy members.
- Proven experience presenting and successfully selling in creative concepts.
- Track record of solving complex brand challenges; strong balance of traditional, innovative, experimental and digital/social experience; proven ability to creatively problem solve.
- Proven experience in creating stand out creative work (preferably in Health and Healthcare), including a strong track record working in the digital and social media space.
- Ability to lead and drive the best client solutions through ambiguity and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Extensive agency (PR, advertising, digital, etc.) experience.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.