We are currently seeking an experienced communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide range of public affairs efforts including grassroots/grasstops outreach, coalition building, media relations, digital campaigns, government affairs, public education campaigns and community relations. This Managing Supervisor must possess excellent writing skills and have experience with both traditional and digital communications channels. The ideal candidate will have some communications or agency experience and ideally background in government affairs, politics and public policy.
In this role, you will interact with client staff, help execute large-scale public affairs campaigns and manage outreach programs for clients. Our clients will depend on you to offer good ideas, be a strong writer and execute approved communications plans in ways that deliver measurable results.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage statewide grassroots/grasstops initiatives in a number of states.
- Consult with clients on a wide range of public policy needs. Clients are likely to come from the following sectors: food/agriculture, energy, healthcare, public safety, manufacturing, financial services.
- Work closely with lobbying teams already working on behalf of clients.
- Develop innovative, results-oriented plans and planning documents for client review.
- Write news releases, web pages, blog posts, Op-Eds, fact sheets, grassroots email correspondence, ad copy and other persuasive materials.
- Manage media relations programs for clients by understanding their needs, monitoring relevant news, uncovering placement opportunities and generating positive coverage.
- Manage websites, social media communities and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Work with our in-house creative team to develop digital and print materials for clients.
- Provide logistical and onsite support for media events, trade shows and conferences.
- Manage other discrete projects and analyze the results within the client’s overall program.
- Share actively in recommendations, ideas and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams.
- A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of agency experience communicating on public affairs issues preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to the highest professional standards.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Public affairs, campaign or coalition experience in support of public policy initiatives.
- Expertise with both traditional and online media relations.
- Familiarity with emerging trends and tools, particularly for online and mobile communications.
- Strong desire and ability to contribute to the firm’s growth, marketing and business development.
- Solid interpersonal and supervisory skills with ability to work in teams, as well as the initiative to work independently.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.