Apply via External Link
Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate, committed communications and issue experts. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; helped bring health coverage to all Americans; supported clients to help improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco office, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Account Executive who knows how to:
- Marketing/media generalist with depth of experience in social media and content generation
- Primary focus on leading GMMB’s external communications via social channels while also working on client accounts
- Develop and execute general communications and strategies
- Develop creative earned media strategies, news hooks, and messaging based on audiences and objectives
- Work with reporters, pitching and placing stories in a range of outlets
- Write, analyze, and edit strategy documents, client correspondence, informational/educational collateral, and media materials such as press releases, and op-ed
- Coordinate client events, develop marketing and collateral materials and coordinate with internal departments, clients and client partners on logistics
- Work with team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Advise clients on approaches to communicating across a variety of issues
- Serve as a day-to-day contact to our clients, providing tactical support and guidance on earned media and general communications
- Stay informed on client industry and issues
- Mentor, direct, and provide constructive feedback to junior staff members
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 4-6 years of experience in communications, public relations, journalism, digital strategy, or a related field, including experience managing projects and/or clients
- Experience in earned media-and on social media strategies, execution
- Resourceful skills to get the job done, no matter how big or small the task might be ahead
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.