Apply via External Link
Porter Novelli is a global purpose communication consultancy with offices across the US and internationally in London, Dublin, Mexico City, Canada & Brussels. Our mission is to work with clients to find their authentic ambition to make a positive impact on society. We craft a unique brand position and build internal and external communication strategies that drive perception and the bottom line. We know that having a clear purpose is essential to building a customer base that will support and advocate on behalf of any organization in any situation. And we can prove that companies with recognized values and vision perform better, year over year. This is our value proposition and our heritage. It’s what sets Porter Novelli apart.
Porter Novelli is in search of an experienced Vice President to join our US-based Innovation Portfolio. The ideal candidate will have excellent account leadership, project management and business development skills with an understanding of current technology trends and the wireless industry. The position includes working directly with a major, national brand to develop and execute innovative, integrated public relations programs while providing day-to-day client council. An understanding of wireless network technology and use cases is preferred. Ability to work Pacific Time business hours strongly desired.
What You Will Be Doing
- Account management including day-to-day program activity and providing strategic counsel to assist clients in meeting their business objectives.
- Lead a knowledgeable and talented team in executing the clients’ integrated communications programs with an emphasis on media relations.
- Being a true partner for clients by constantly looking for new and creative ways for clients to meet and exceed their goals through innovative solutions.
- Build and develop team by mentoring, coaching, and educating direct reports and program contributors.
- Effective development and management of significant client budgets.
- Write proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence, including status and progress reports for teams and clients.
- Solid understanding of “big picture” client objectives and program; maintains awareness of future client events and activities and how they relate to overall objective/target.
- Understanding of successful metrics and merchandizing strategies to prove impact of programs.
The Experience That Will Contribute To Your Success
- 10+ years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful PR and/or marketing programs for consumer tech companies.
- Strong client relations - having the ability to understand and assess a client’s business and communication needs and meet those needs through successful online programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and the execution of online projects and builds; proven program and project management skills is a must.
- Developing and managing budgets and overseeing timelines
- Expert in wireless trades, consumer tech publications, and confident in managing reporter relationships
- Must possess excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and capacity to effectively collaborate with and manage teams.
- Experience working with Fortune 100 companies, preferably tech.
- Knowledge of 5G and the telecommunications industry preferred.
Our ambition is simple – to become the most passionately recommended agency in the world. If you are a communications professional that shares our Social Purpose values of embracing imagination, collaborating fiercely, digging deeply, standing up for the right idea, liberating greatness and making a positive impact there's a home for you at Porter Novelli—Join Us.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.