Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Our Corporate Home Office has an exciting opportunity to become a Manager, Multicultural PR & Brand Engagement. As a Manager, Multicultural PR & Brand Engagement, for McDonald's USA, you will help create and manage the perception of one of the most recognized brands.
Reporting to the Director of Multicultural PR & Brand Engagement, you will be responsible for developing and leading communications strategies to support the McDonald's (McD) business for U.S. Marketing DEI initiatives, and other community programs as needed.
In this role, you will dedicatedly counsel business partners on and develop communications programs that effectively reach and engage defined audiences (e.g., Owner/Operators, media, consumers, community influencers, industry experts, third party organizations, etc.), driving awareness to initiatives and enhancing overall brand image and advocacy.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, your principal accountabilities will include, but are not restricted to:
Communications Strategy & Counsel
Aligns communications and PR strategy to support the U.S. Marketing DEI ambition. In this role, the team member will:
· Serve as cross-functional thought partner & advisor who, as an SME, collaboratively drives the external DEI and community communications strategies.
· Monitors and keeps teams abreast of relevant conversations taking place in the earned media landscape, while fostering relationships with industry trades and beat reporters.
· Plays an active role in shaping brand actions, and helps identify new partnerships and platforms, as needed.
· Collaborates with cross-functional communications teams to ensure alignment & best practice-sharing.
· Crafts, develops and executes PR strategies for DEI and community announcements in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
· Uses data and industry insights to align & inform DEI and community strategies and tactics.
· Continuously seeks ongoing development opportunities to strengthen individual leadership and counsel.
· Measures and reports on success of communications & PR strategy for ownership programs.
· Writes and edits media, social and influencer content and communications materials related to DEI and community initiatives.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key partners across departments and individuals relevant to initiatives including Owner/Operators, U.S. Marketing, DEI, and Government Relations.
· Strives to demonstrate teamwork within the Corporate Relations team as a whole, i.e. supporting team members, providing coaching/mentoring, identifying ongoing opportunities to contribute to cross-functional initiatives.
· Represents Communications both internally within the McD's system and externally at industry and business functions, events, etc. Brings back knowledge and new information to the team and department to further collective skills development, leadership.
· Develops and manages all resources to support and guide the ownership of communications & PR programs (e.g., budget, agency support, team support, etc.).
· Ensures that all programs are kept within established budgets.
· Provides Director with regular updates on resource management (e.g., quarterly budget updates/projections, agency support, etc.).
· Completes all routine administrative functions (e.g., expense reports, budgets, etc.) in an accurate and timely fashion.
Agency & Vendor Management
· Manages a PR agency for the development of leadership communications strategy & PR programs to support ownership areas.
· Monitors quality of work and provides ongoing feedback and counsel in ownership areas to agency partners to help them meet objectives and deliver the best work.
· Monitors and guides agency spend against established budgets to ensure effective resource management.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 7 years of experience working in Public Relations or Corporate Communications
· BA/BS degree in Communications, Public Relations, Digital/Social, Marketing or other related field
· Thorough understanding of and passion for DEI
· Deep knowledge of external communications and earned media
· Strong verbal and written communicator who is comfortable working with executives
· Experience developing strategic earned-first communications plans
· Can-do spirit and ability to be nimble and pivot with ease
· Strong networking, relationship-building and interpersonal skills are imperative
· Experience partnering with and influencing others outside direct line of control, management
· Strong attention to detail, self-starter and great teammate
· Solutions-oriented problem solver
· You should enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-focused, ambiguous yet dynamic environment with constant change
· Demonstrated knowledge and success with traditional print and broadcast media, as well as online media; good relationships with media
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.